Shawn Robbins

The Official TASM Weekly Thread (6 Day EST-140m) (Warning: Whiten Out Spoilers/Spoiler Tags)

Definitely agreed, but I highly doubt it as it is just past 7 on the west coast. Also, didn't rth say that matinees were keeping pace with TF3? That bodes well for the OD total.

That's what I'm saying, Sony is lowballing here.

I don't know why we're spinning a 28-30M OD as good all of a sudden. Just because it falls in line with expectations doesn't make it good. It's not a catastrophe but it's no better than 'meh'.

Here:True shit ...

This is quite sad firedeep... and this time Sony won't have nothing from toys and videogames. That goes all back to Disney.

Sony will never give up the rights to Spider-man.Fox won't even part ways with Daredevil and that movie came out how long ago?

Fox has about 1-2 years to get DD and Fantastic Four in-production or they lose both of them. So don't be so sure about that.

How big is this thread going to get? We don't even have opening day numbers yet...

I hope this thread becomes the place where TASM Tuesday-Thursday numbers are discussed and then turns into a Friday-Sunday/Weekend estimates thread. We are looking at a 1000 pages potential here if this happens.

Still thinking that among the predictions, mine will be closer for OD.

Among whose predictions? The OD would have to top 35M for you to be closer than baumer, let alone the rest of the forum.

Gotta love it when updates only cause more confusion. :rofl:Seriously, though, when a movie's over-performing expectations, Nikki reports it and execs comment on it. Look at the updates for when AVENGERS really started to take off. Or when THG exploded.This feels like managing expectations. A $28-30m OD is perfectly solid; why keep it a mystery?

SpiderShit 3. Such an atrocity of a movie. This is the definition of where comic book movies go wrong. Worst superhero movie ever.

July 3rd must be a good night for movies. FX has Spider-Man 3 and HDnet has Batman and Robin on at the same time.In fairness to FX, they did have SM2 on right before SM3.

SpiderShit 3. Such an atrocity of a movie. This is the definition of where comic book movies go wrong. Worst superhero movie ever.

You're crazy. SM3 was pretty disappointing but I can name at least 10 that are worse.

You dont know what you are talking about. Videogame still belong to Sony.

Really? Fantastic news then. I am pretty sure toys are from Disney, tho.

July 3rd must be a good night for movies. FX has Spider-Man 3 and HDnet has Batman and Robin on at the same time.

In fairness to FX, they did have SM2 on right before SM3.

Dream night :rofl:

I hope this thread becomes the place where TASM Tuesday-Thursday numbers are discussed and then turns into a Friday-Sunday/Weekend estimates thread. We are looking at a 1000 pages potential here if this happens.

That would be a legendary thread we could tell our grandchildren about. "It was Baumer and the haters versus iJack and the loonies! I can still remember those numbers."
  • Like 2