Shawn Robbins

The Official TASM Weekly Thread (6 Day EST-140m) (Warning: Whiten Out Spoilers/Spoiler Tags)

135 fucking pages!?How am I meant to catch up!?!?!?

Last time I was here tomorrow there were 100 pages. I have on idea WTF happened in the last 35 :lol:Can someone tell us what happened?

Taking a big breath...- Another record for the Spider-Man character.- A strong possibilty for a 300M total.- A certainty about TASM2 opening in may 2014.- An vicious open door for every fast-reboot desired.I wonder if all the young people happy to have "their" Spider-Man (cooler, with a young cast they love and responding to them) will feel the same when a Potter/HungerGames/insert franchise you love reboot will be announced in the future.You know, "different tone, different times, different generation" and all that stuff...

So what's this looking at? 150-160m 6 day?More?Have to say, I'm stunned.

I am in shock. This is going for 300M. Never again I will underestimate a Spider-Man movie.

Can we say that Webb is "trapped" in Spider-Man's Web for the next 5-6 years?

Only until he gets too big for his boots, has some ideas of his own and Sony fires him. ;)

Have to say, I'm surprised that people are surprised by the notion of TASM reaching 300m. The brand of Spider-Man was always going to be strong.

Edited by Hatebox

Whatever. Tuesday discounts did not seem to affect box office grosses until recently (2010-2011).

This is quick repost from another tread in june, all I was saying about Tuesday

Posted by Rth on 06 June 2012 - 10:00 AM in Box Office Discussion

Posted Imagekesleyk, on 06 June 2012 - 05:00 AM, said:

Mathematical certainty? Not. I don't put much stock in how predecessors tracked, but even looking at IM shows that every tuesday dropped from monday between opening w/e and july 15th except 6/3 (+8.6) and 7/8 (+0.6). 9 of 11 were drops, including 5 of 7 in june and july. You may be right, and it may be more likely, but this is not a mathematically provable concept.

Posted Imagebaumer, on 06 June 2012 - 05:02 AM, said:

It's 100% guaranteed to increase today. I'd bet my life savings, my house,my stock options at work and my RRSP's. IM came out 4 years ago before discount Tuesdays took off.-----

Don't disagree with you about increase Tuesday, but on your comment about discount tuesdays your refering to Canada right its had discount Tuesdays since the early 80's and even though few years back some cinemas in major cities stopped and restarted, discount Tuesdays have always had increase in Canada BO and market share regardless of if the NA total for the day went up or down from Monday.

couple quick Examples

TA week1 tuesday

USA -11% from Mon

Can +58% from Monday and mkt share increased by 6%

NA -7%

Iron Man

week 1 tuesday

USA -10%

Can +22% +5% mkt share

NA -6%

Week5

USA +4%

Can +70% +4% mkt share

NA +9%

Spider-man

week1 Tues

USA -22%

Can +70% mkt share doubles

NA -10%

week5

USA -1%

Can +108% mkt share doubles

NA +10%

WOHHOOOO, i´m so happy for this movie. After all the shitstorm, mainly caused by the nolan and tdk fanboys (and some raimi fanboys), it´s nice to see they made this amount of money, despite all the hate.

• Like 6