Shawn Robbins

The Official TASM Weekly Thread (6 Day EST-140m) (Warning: Whiten Out Spoilers/Spoiler Tags)

15.8 takes it to 75 million 3 days. TF1's weekend jumps will take it past 130 so this may be why Sony is so confident about 130. I think it will do slightly better because most holdovers just got gutted in terms of Theater count and I think it has a good WOM(Its RT rating improved from 4.1 to 4.2 and IMDB went from 7.7 to 7.8 over the past couple of days).

Edited by TLK

15.8 takes it 75 million 3 days. TF1's weekend jumps will take it past 130 so this may be why Sony is so confident about 130. I think it will do slightly better because most holdovers just got gutted in terms of Theater count and I think it has a good WOM(Its RT rating improved from 4.1 to 4.2 and IMDB went from 7.7 to 7.8 over past couple of days).

agreed, and if you take the 16.8 figure it actually brings it closer to 140.

They weren't very comparable to begin with. The box office has changed a lot since 2007. Tuesdays are much bigger than they use to be and that probably inflated TASM's Tuesday number. Because of that, maybe Friday will have a bigger increase?There's too many variables to just assume it will follow Transformers path. Even Half Blood Prince which opened on a Wednesday had a bigger Friday increase than Transformers.

THURSDAY PM, 7TH UPDATE: Sources tell me that Sony Pictures’ The Amazing Spider-Man (in extra-Posted Imagewide release at 4,318 theaters) made close to $16.3M on Thursday. That gives the reboot $75.5M with its 3D premium after three days of release on the eve of the start of the pic’s first official weekend. Thursday’s result was -30% from the 2nd biggest Fourth Of July at the domestic box office on record.