Shawn Robbins

NIKKI-ISMS | Nikki signs first look deal with HBO | Nikki and Penske make up, she will return to reporting on the entertainment industry

When you get kicked out of the site you started, you better be Steve Jobs brilliant because that says a lot about the people you worked for and worked with you.

Not necessarily though. But in her case I tend to agree. But she's been in the business a long time. She probably has a lot of dirt on a lot of people and even beyond that. Deadline has competitors that are probably willing to take her on to take some of the market share. She is a loose cannon though so it will be interesting to see who her investors will be.

Yes Nikki! Get those Twitter hits.

I just followed Nikki. Girlfriend is bringing it on Twitter the way she used to at Deadline. She claims that Harvey Weinstein spent the weekend feeding Deadline fake box office numbers. :lol: Her tagline says it all: "There. Will. Be. Showbiz. Blood." :shades: 

I would not bet against Nikki's new site being bigger and better than Deadline. It would be hilarious if she manages to surpass her old site with her new one. Jay Penske should have gotten a non-compete clause in the contract when he bought the site. 

• Like 1

But Deadline isn't even Deadline anymore. I know they retain the name, but they're owned by Daily Variety.

No, both Deadline and Variety are owned by Jay Penske/Penske Media. Penske acquired Deadline first, then bought out Variety last year.

http://articles.latimes.com/2012/oct/09/entertainment/la-et-ct-penske-variety-20121009

Damn HOT MESS!

"

Finke plans to launch a new site and claims there is no noncompete clause prohibiting her from doing so.

But she said Penske has sent cease-and-desist letters to companies that may or may not have talked to her about partnering on the launch. Penske couldn’t be reached for comment.

For months, Finke has been trying to take back control of Deadline, while Penske has been seeking to hold her to the term of her contract, which runs through 2016.

“I warned him that I would be his worst employee and that I hate authority and I didn’t want a boss, and I kept trying to get out of the sale,” she said.

Penske Media maintains it has the right to terminate people who disparage the company, sources close to the situation said, disputing Finke’s version of events. Finke, the sources added, signed a noncompete.

Penske is set to name a host of new heavyweight writers to bolster Deadline in the coming weeks, sources noted.

During mediation, both parties alleged breach of contract, prompting the mediator to call for a 20-day cooling-off period.

• Like 1

Can someone tell me why Nikki sold her original website in the first place? Should have just kept it and all this nonsense could have been avoided. :P

Rumor is she thought she would run Variety once Penske acquired it.  But that could be just part of it. I'm sure she made a handsome sum for it.

http://www.deadline.com/2013/11/funny-or-die-spoofs-deadline-hollywood-nikki-finke-photo/

In case you haven’t noticed, Deadline Hollywood and Nikki Finke have been a lot in the news lately. Now we are getting the Funny Or Die treatment. Here is a great photo we’ve obtained from the set of the spoof, which filmed yesterday.

Posted Image

Edited by grim22