The Dark Knight Rises

230 members have voted

1. 1. Grade The Dark Knight Rises

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

There is no reason to even explain the ice scene IMHO. It's a silly but awesome comic book type of moment. It's kinda like the Joker's bus scene in the TDK robbery. Doesn't make any sense, but feels like something out of a comic book and is totally awesome at the same time.

Fair enough but 'I' didn't bring it up. :) Edited by Adm56

You're just going guardrail to guardrail to prove a point. I know because I do it myself sometimes. :)Nobody needs a documentary to describe how he gets back. Personally...while I still think the whole '5 months' thing kills the tension of a time bomb I'd settle for just some brief 'connective tissue' between him escaping from the Worst Prison on Earth ™ and his return to Gotham.Serious question: Consider BB. Bruce is shown in prison...told to get blue flower and climb mountain. Is it a BETTER film if they just cut to him knocking on the door with the flower in his lapel? Or is it less jarring as shown in BB (dump from back of truck etc)?

It's different. TDKR's running time is pushing the IMAX limit. Maybe Nolan had that scene, but he left it out. Rightly so, it's unnecessary to show. The 5 month thing makes sense. Bane wanted to torture Gotham and act like a liberator. Without that, Bruce's heeling process wouldn't have made sense.

It's different. TDKR's running time is pushing the IMAX limit. Maybe Nolan had that scene, but he left it out. Rightly so, it's unnecessary to show. The 5 month thing makes sense. Bane wanted to torture Gotham and act like a liberator. Without that, Bruce's heeling process wouldn't have made sense.

Please explain to me how the motivation to 'tortue Gotham' makes sense? To me it seems to contradict the goals of the LoS in BB (especially since complicating things to such an extent jeopardizes what I assume is their ultimate goal to destroy '(no longer)wicked' Gotham. The Joker made more sense with the whole 'watch the world burn'jazz.Also, can you give me some examples of when we see Gotham suffering? I don't remember any. I think show don't tell would have driven the point home more. And I'm sorry but I stand by my claim that combining an evil scheme/ hero's comeback that takes 5 months to come to a conclusion with a time bomb plot is just silly. Does that officially make it the slowest time bomb ever?And finally....I'm not a huge IMAX fan but it seems silly to me to say that he couldn't have cut some bloat to provide a more coherent story within the allowed run time. Blaming it on IMAX time limits seems odd.

Well, surely the villains motivation is better than what we saw in any Marvel SH film. Bane is a terrorist, so the motivation for torture is plain and simple. Gotham was suffering clearly. Policemen under ground, prisoners freed, the city was in fear. The families were suffering, the rich were suffering. I'm simply telling you that the scene you're on about is completely unnecessary to be included in the film. It requires a five year-old's imagination. Speaking of IMAX, maybe TDKR isn't that impressive in regular screens, but the IMAX footage is incredible, those scenes alone put it into a different league compare to any other SH films ever made. It has one competition: The Dark Knight.

Well, surely the villains motivation is better than what we saw in any Marvel SH film. Bane is a terrorist, so the motivation for torture is plain and simple. Gotham was suffering clearly. Policemen under ground, prisoners freed, the city was in fear. The families were suffering, the rich were suffering.

I suppose it's always going to come down to a TA comparison for some reason. Yep...Loki's scheme was pretty simple and has been done before. But for a film with so many characters less was more and very little bloat was introduced IMO. The only part I thought was a bit dry was in the center where a little 'woe is me' trickles in.I'll ask again. How was Gotham clearly suffering? All I saw were empty streets...so I guess that suggests people are in fear at least (won't go outside etc) but I don't remember anything (even in passing like the news snippets would be) that shows any real suffering. No panicked mobs attempting to escape (and bomb or no bomb people would have tried). No food riots. Very little lawlessness after the prison break (By Bane's men OR random rioters). We get Scarecrow's kangaroo court but little to nothing else. It falls flat. The scenes in the narrows from BB provided a better example of how people would react to a terrorist event. The impact of all this on John Q Public wasn't shown at all! (And I don't think the plight of the orphans counts).

It was shown during Bane's epic speech outside the prison. Streets were empty due to fear. I guess hanged men on the telly seal the deal. Listen, I have no desire to convince someone, who didn't like the film to change hi/her mind. You didn't like certain parts, fair enough. My problem is when someone declares things he/she didn't like bad. If you that you think they should have included Bruce's journey back to Gotham, that's your opinion, I respect it. But when you say it's a mistake, or a plot hole, that;s bullshit and you know it.

• Like 1

It was shown during Bane's epic speech outside the prison. Streets were empty due to fear. I guess hanged men on the telly seal the deal. Listen, I have no desire to convince someone, who didn't like the film to change hi/her mind. You didn't like certain parts, fair enough. My problem is when someone declares things he/she didn't like bad. If you that you think they should have included Bruce's journey back to Gotham, that's your opinion, I respect it. But when you say it's a mistake, or a plot hole, that;s bullshit and you know it.

This speech?

Posted Image

One thing can anybody explain is where was the jail.Why was Batman put in that one and what was Bane's reason for being there?

Cut Bane's origin....cut the prison...since IMO it's only there to provide a visual (the pit) that's match-y match-y with the well from BB...have Bane leave Batman for dead IN GOTHAM (preferably at the beginning of the film after we cut all that bad knee retirement crap) ....have him rescued and nursed back to health by Selina Kyle or Alfred IN GOTHAM...have him witness Bane's reign of terror while helpless from his injuries IN GOTHAM. Tons of problems are suddenly fixed!
  • Like 1

Adm should direct his own Batman movie so that he wouldn't have to spend all his time complaining about the one we got. My 2 cents.

That's an excellent idea! But I'd settle for doing a little script doctoring. I think Nolan still deserves another chance. And I'd do it pro bono to help pad my resume.
  • Like 1

PERFECT MOVIE!This gave me a feel of Batman Begins (the emotion and the comic-book feel) Mixed with The Dark Knight (everything else). Bane is more threatening than the Joker (and is clear as day that the Joker would be important in the plot, if the actor hadn't died), Catwoman is simply WOW like The Joker and Miranda Tate is the weakest link of all three villains, but yet shes is very good in her role. Is fantastic how All actors in this movie are a least good, special praise for: Gary Oldman, Morgan Freeman, Joseph Gordon-Levitt and "specially" Michael Caine (without word to express how good he was). The script don't have flaws or dumb lines like TDK and BB. The Soundtrack is a mix of BB and TDK with new stuff.TDKR is the best supehero movie and the best movie of the year so far and who denies that is a complete lunatic. I lowered my grades to TASM and TA after TDKR.Cons:My only complaint is the death of bane, totally anticlimactic for a big villain like that and the fist act could have been better edited.2012 SuperherosThe Dark Knight Rises A+++ The Avengers B-The Amazing Spider-Man cChristopher Nolan's BatmanThe Dark knight Rises A+++Batman Begins AThe Dark Knight A- Note: I believe that the word of mouth will be at least very good, My session was the last show and ended around 1:00, no one left the the theather until the end. Really incredible and unusual for one last session.

Well, surely the villains motivation is better than what we saw in any Marvel SH film. Bane is a terrorist, so the motivation for torture is plain and simple. Gotham was suffering clearly. Policemen under ground, prisoners freed, the city was in fear. The families were suffering, the rich were suffering.I'm simply telling you that the scene you're on about is completely unnecessary to be included in the film. It requires a five year-old's imagination. Speaking of IMAX, maybe TDKR isn't that impressive in regular screens, but the IMAX footage is incredible, those scenes alone put it into a different league compare to any other SH films ever made. It has one competition: The Dark Knight.

So let me get this straight. The US government can send one team of SEALS in to find and kill Osama Bin Laden but they won't go into Gotham for 5 months because someone has a nuclear bomb? HAHAHAHAHAHAH. That's the stupidest plot device I've seen in a long time. Freddy Krueger coming back to life by a dogging pissing on his grave makes more sense that that.

So let me get this straight. The US government can send one team of SEALS in to find and kill Osama Bin Laden but they won't go into Gotham for 5 months because someone has a nuclear bomb? HAHAHAHAHAHAH. That's the stupidest plot device I've seen in a long time. Freddy Krueger coming back to life by a dogging pissing on his grave makes more sense that that.

But did Osama have a nuclear bomb?

How many hostages did Osama have by the way?

How many hostages did Osama have by the way?

It would never happen. Never. Could you imagine someone in NY City doing this? That's all it would take to bring down a city? Find a nuclear bomb, blow up all the escape exits and they tell the government not to come in? It's ludicrous.