Olive

Weekend Actuals:TASM 62.0M/137.0M,TED 32.2M(-41%), Savages 16.0M

Other films with larger opening weekends than The Amazing Spider-Man:HulkMadagascar: Escape 2 Africa2012Ice Age: The MeltdownPlanet of the Apes (2001)The Day After TomorrowTwilight (all of 'em)Dr. Seuss' The LoraxAustin Powers 3

But how many of those have bigger 6 days? Doing an apples to apples comparison to these OW is not fair since Spidey had 6 days to spread the gross out. As for all Twilights, that's not really relevant either since all of the sequels have some of the biggest OW in the history of film.
  • Like 1

But how many of those have bigger 6 days? Doing an apples to apples comparison to these OW is not fair since Spidey had 6 days to spread the gross out. As for all Twilights, that's not really relevant either since all of the sequels have some of the biggest OW in the history of film.

it's a joke

Which was easily the highest of the Batman has grossed WW until TDK came along. :rolleyes:

Keep spinning. It's not a question whether it's the highest or not. 150 M budget plus marketing budget. Yooohooo. 373 M is a success. Edited by kayumanggi

How the hell hoping 300 M happens for a film make one a loony? #mygoodness

When you attack and label others for not thinking the same way it sure does. ;)

When you attack and label others for not thinking the same way it sure does. ;)

LOOK WHO IS TALKING.

Again, I'll ask you the question you tried to avoid.

Is YOUR ATTITUDE towards this film not full of hatred? JUST YES OR NO.

Edited by kayumanggi

Yeah, you do. Even if you just make a low budget version that never sees the light of day, like the early '90s Fantastic Four. Spider-Man would have to have a couple of bombs in a row before it got Fantastic Four'd.

As noted--that was the 90s AND Roger Corman. Not like he had any integrity on the line. Sony cares more about it's reputation.TASM2 is going to be your decision maker.I have and was a Hulk fanboy before Avengers hit.My predict for this was $210-220m. My upper end is going to likely end up being closer to it's total in the end than the loonies would prefer. :P

you know, ASM is the only film it seems where the people who had optimistic predictions are being attacked and laughed at. I mean this is far from the only film this year where this happened. What about the people who had extremely high predictions for films like Dark Shadows, MIB 3, Snow White and the Huntsman, Prometheus (those last two especially), Rock of Ages, and Brave? Many of those people are the same people ragging on Spider-man fans right now, why aren't we talking about those "loonies"? lol

• Like 1

you know, ASM is the only film it seems where the people who had optimistic predictions are being attacked and laughed at. I mean this is far from the only film this year where this happened. What about the people who had extremely high predictions for films like Dark Shadows, MIB 3, Snow White and the Huntsman, Prometheus (those last two especially), Rock of Ages, and Brave? Many of those people are the same people ragging on Spider-man fans right now, why aren't we talking about those "loonies"? lol

From the deepest desires often come the deadliest hate. - Socrates

C'mon Baumer, don't kill the buzz here! :P Let's just ignore that little fact that TASM had 3 days prior to burn off demand. :giggle:

Indeed.pfff to all the "fans" who came after TA but ignored/despised/laughed a Hulk as a character before.

To be fair though, TA gave us a perfect Hulk and a perfect Bruce Banner. A movie with that Hulk and Banner would have done wonderful numbers.

LOOK WHO IS TALKING.

Again, I'll ask you the question you tried to avoid.

Is YOUR ATTITUDE towards this film not full of hatred? JUST YES OR NO.

I am allowed to attack a film. Meanwhile you and others attacked people.