Fake

Tuesday numbers: TASM 8.5M

Well I appreciate you're not trying to make it look like this film is going to some huge box office disaster that will cause Sony to abandon the rights or something. Like many users are doing

This, like Pirates 4, will likely be the highest grossing film of the series WW. I don't see how it is anything but a success for Sony. Plus, they already have Garfield lined up for the next two films at 1 mill and 1.5 mill. That's insane. This is a gigantic success...whether I like it or not.

This, like Pirates 4, will likely be the highest grossing film of the series WW. I don't see how it is anything but a success for Sony. Plus, they already have Garfield lined up for the next two films at 1 mill and 1.5 mill. That's insane. This is a gigantic success...whether I like it or not.

I hope that eventually you'll come around to enjoy it enough to look forward to the sequels. I'd be a happy camper losing the bet to give you both The Avengers and TASM blu rays when the time comes.

How certain is that? I ask because assuming another ~$100m domestically, that's a big sum yet to take in OS. Will it really top $900m WW? I have doubts.

How certain is that? I ask because assuming another ~$100m domestically, that's a big sum yet to take in OS. Will it really top $900m WW? I have doubts.

At this point it is less than likely (unless China goes crazy).This weekend drop will decide where it is headed.

At this point it is less than likely (unless China goes crazy).This weekend drop will decide where it is headed.

OK, so I'm not crazy then lol. I still believe the two additional films Garfield is obligated to do will happen, as this film will turn a profit. But still, the OS market today plus 3D gives TASM a massive advantage over the first three Spidey films, and it will probably be in the same overall range when the final gross is calculated. That's not impressive.

As Shawn's article cleverly stated, even if it doesn't make as much money as the previous films WW, it's destined to become the most successful reboot at the box office so far.

Why are you Chris O Donnell now? Was it because of lost bets?

As Shawn's article cleverly stated, even if it doesn't make as much money as the previous films WW, it's destined to become the most successful reboot at the box office so far.

As a stand alone film? Yes, I agree.However, when one considers that BB set up TDK and TDKR to be huge... well, I have to go with BB as the most successful reboot. BB reinvigorated the Batman franchise in a way that TASM has no hope of doing.
  • Like 1

OK, so I'm not crazy then lol. I still believe the two additional films Garfield is obligated to do will happen, as this film will turn a profit. But still, the OS market today plus 3D gives TASM a massive advantage over the first three Spidey films, and it will probably be in the same overall range when the final gross is calculated. That's not impressive.

well the highest grossing Spider-Man film is 890m, so this movie had to make like 100m more to be successful? Come on. this was definitely going to get an admissions drop from Spider-Man 3 no matter what. The film is still on track for 800m+ that makes it successful no matter what. And now the origin stuff is out of the way, they can go all out for the sequel

It's possible. 650 internationally seems possible.

As a stand alone film? Yes, I agree.However, when one considers that BB set up TDK and TDKR to be huge... well, I have to go with BB as the most successful reboot. BB reinvigorated the Batman franchise in a way that TASM has no hope of doing.

Speak for yourself, not for the general audience and most of all, Spider-Fans. The Amazing Spider-Man is getting excellent WOM and deservedly so. The future looks bright for this new take on the mythos, regardless how you personally feel about it.

POTC 4 isn`t the highest grossing movie of the series WW. DMC is. OST is highest grossing OS but DMC is both dom and WW. WW difference is some $20 mio in DMC favor unadjusted of course.

Edited by fishnets