Fake

Tuesday numbers: TASM 8.5M

Same with yours. TASM = the bestest most amazingest thing ever known to man

L

Anything remotely critical or even not slobbering like a kid going through puberty is a

HATER

Even though I have never said such a thing and you are putting words in my mouth. Pathetic

The general audience will prove my point emphatically. Do you honestly think there's ANY chance TASM2 will come close to grossing what TDK did?

Before it was released, did anyone think TDK would make over 2.5 times what BB did? Spidey has some similar factors in his favor: A semi-successful reboot film after a very disappointing previous film, and, like Batman, Spider-Man has proven to be a BO giant if handled properly.

Am I predicting $550 mil DOM for ASM 2? Emphatically, No! But to paraphrase Lloyd Christmas, I am telling you there's a chance...! To say otherwise is to ignore the recent history of A-list super-hero movies.

Before it was released, did anyone think TDK would make over 2.5 times what BB did? Spidey has some similar factors in his favor: A semi-successful reboot film after a very disappointing previous film, and, like Batman, Spider-Man has proven to be a BO giant if handled properly.

Am I predicting $550 mil DOM for ASM 2? Emphatically, No! But to paraphrase Lloyd Christmas, I am telling you there's a chance...! To say otherwise is to ignore the recent history of A-list super-hero movies.

Come on. People are clearly not talking about TASM in the same glowing way they did about BB. That's all I'm saying. Therefore, it is far less likely that TASM2 will come close to TDK.
  • Like 1

What TASM2 will have to offer (most likely), is two hotties coexisting for some time with Gwen (who likely dies) and an introduction of Mary Jane. Introducing Jonah Jameson and Bugle staff, most likely Osborne as well. Those are the factors that will give it some likely draw, not cause people loved this film.

ASM is a hard film for the masses to track because it's honestly doing just fine for what it is. We'll give it crap for whatever but the profit was going to be and will be enormous either way. Yes there will be bad dailies like Sunday ad Monday but good dailies like Tuesday as well. It's MIB3 again on a larger scale. It's not a huge movie but still one of the bigger movies of the year (as any Spider-Man movie would be).

What TASM2 will have to offer (most likely), is two hotties coexisting for some time with Gwen (who likely dies) and an introduction of Mary Jane. Introducing Jonah Jameson and Bugle staff, most likely Osborne as well.Those are the factors that will give it some likely draw, not cause people loved this film.

IMO, MJ is going to be a mistake. PP&Gwen really work together and lighting never strike twice in chemistry department in the same movie series.

IMO, MJ is going to be a mistake. PP&Gwen really work together and lighting never strike twice in chemistry department in the same movie series.

That's ok, MJ will be played by Emma Stone with red hair.(I'm not original, but seriously, come on) Edited by MrPink
  • Like 2

Box office wise, internationally, Europe has been pretty bad and the sequel can't do much worse. On the other hand, Asia has been excellent and that is where all the growth is happening. LA has been good as well. Plus the exchange rates right now are very poor overall and should only get better.I won't be surprised with a 150M+ increase OS for TASM2, which would put it in a good position for 1B WW gross.

:rofl: That is quite a list you got there.

Actually, if TASM follows those movie's patterns from today's increase it would make:JC: 266mWotT: 281mDS: 290mAnd TASM has the advantage of Summer weekdays plus it will easily hold onto theaters longer than those three since it's making more money. It wasn't that those movies necessarily had horrible legs as much as they stumbled out of the gate. None of them dropped more than 58% in their second weekends. A drop TASM will not even come close to.
  • Like 1

Actually, if TASM follows those movie's patterns from today's increase it would make:JC: 266mWotT: 281mDS: 290mAnd TASM has the advantage of Summer weekdays plus it will easily hold onto theaters longer than those three since it's making more money. It wasn't that those movies necessarily had horrible legs as much as they stumbled out of the gate. None of them dropped more than 58% in their second weekends. A drop TASM will not even come close to.

None of them were comic book movies in the dead of summer either. TASM will drop a good 55%+ this weekend. Just look at the drops for any other comic book movie that opened this time of year and didn't have TDK level WOM. Captain America dropped 60% its 2nd weekend. Edited by MovieMan89

None of them were comic book movies in the dead of summer either. TASM will drop a good 55%+ this weekend. Just look at the drops for any other comic book movie that opened this time of year and didn't have TDK level WOM. Captain America dropped 60% its 2nd weekend.

Captain America opened on Friday*. TASM has already burnt off a lot of its demand and will level off faster. The only Superhero film to drop more than 50% when opening on a Wed was Superman Returns, but it had to face the DMC juggernaut that weekend and arguably had worse WOM than TASM. TASM may drop over 50%, but not much over it.*And you may have missed the point of my post. I do realize that my extrapolations used films that not only opened on Friday but at a completely different time of year than TASM. But JackO decided to compare them, so I decided to show him how ridiculous it was to. ;)

What TASM2 will have to offer (most likely), is two hotties coexisting for some time with Gwen (who likely dies) and an introduction of Mary Jane. Introducing Jonah Jameson and Bugle staff, most likely Osborne as well.Those are the factors that will give it some likely draw, not cause people loved this film.

Almost sounds just like Spider Man 2 except

the girl dies

:rofl: The list was about Tuesday increases. Those movies just happened to be on it. The debate was about word of mouth and the list proves that Tuesday increases had nothing to do with it. Slapping up some numbers is not going to change that.

1 Brave $3,153,214 24% 3,891 -75 $810 $179,663,513 3 Disney 2 Magic Mike $2,802,415 26% 3,120 190 $898 $77,864,302 2 Warner Bros. 3 Tyler Perry's Madea's Witness Protection $1,203,349 15% 2,161 0 $557 $48,072,942 2 Lionsgate 4 People Like Us $367,300 46% 2,055 0 $179 $9,809,769 2 Disney / DreamWorks 5 Marvel's The Avengers $311,771 19% 1,125 -227 $277 $611,701,097 10 Disney 6 Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter $304,278 16% 1,657 -1100 $184 $34,618,077 3 Fox 7 Prometheus $256,539 15% 1,105 -279 $232 $122,870,769 5 Fox

Limited (100 — 999)

# Title Tue, Jul. 10 2012 Locations Avg. Total Wks. Dist. 1 Moonrise Kingdom $528,688 10% 884 30 $598 $27,788,250 7 Focus 2 The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel $107,346 25% 359 -60 $299 $42,185,131 10 Fox Searchlight 3 The Hunger Games $52,487 12% 228 -50 $230 $404,481,406 16 Lionsgate 4 What to Expect When You're Expecting $35,843 17% 236 33 $152 $40,486,929 8 Lionsgate 5 Safety Not Guaranteed $27,927 15% 109 -3 $256 $2,222,232 5 FilmDistrict