Fake

Tuesday numbers: TASM 8.5M

Um...OK. I thought this site was about box office? You want to talk quality go to Rotten Tomatoes or IMDb, or at least the RTM forum here. This is the Box Office Discussion forum and box office-wise, you really have no reason to be :rofl: .

This has been a mistake that a lot of people have been making, on both sides of the aisle. This is also why I was against people being recruited from other sites. It's not because I am against new people on either side of the argument, but because the argument gets obscured when people start arguing quality instead of BO performance.

Everyone has their own tastes and I have no desire to argue tastes with people. I am much more interested in BO performance. Especially comparing domestic performance, adjusted for inflation.

across all films tuesday in Can was close to double Monday and their market share about and extra 6%.TASM on monday was approx down 59% in USA and 53% in Canada from sunday (-58% overall), on tuesday USA was up about 2% and Canada more than double(not the only film that was similar) from Monday(+14% overall) also on tues Canada market share doubled.Its usually always a similar scenario just depends what impact Canada has on the overall NA market.

• Like 2

across all films tuesday in Can was close to double Monday and their market share about and extra 6%.TASM on monday was approx down 59% in USA and 53% in Canada from sunday (-58% overall), on tuesday USA was up about 2% and Canada more than double(not the only film that was similar) from Monday(+14% overall) also on tues Canada market share doubled.Its usually always a similar scenario just depends what impact Canada has on the overall NA market.

Wow, thanks for this info. Is that actually typical of Tuesdays and thus, accounting for the big increases we've seen on Tuesdays in the last couple years?

Here's something Rth posted about Canada a few days ago.

Its included as part of NA gross, Canada is treated as branch of NA business,, typically distributors have offices in LA, NYC(some these days don't) and Toronto.Canada can have a different distributor with some films to US, also Quebec can even be different again.In the case of Canada or just Quebec provence having a different distributor some of those grosses don't get reported especially with BOM (case in point original GWTDT BOM's cume doesn't include the Quebec and later rest of Canada gross(because of diff distributors) some other BO sites do include it, roughly its an extra 2.7m, and there are many others examples)some other CA facts-On average they are 10% of NA business in YTD 2012 and CY 2011 & 2010 avg 10%, on individual titles they can range from 7-12% with either OW or just overall cume-Canada has had discount tuesdays since 80's, over the years different cinema chains and individual theatres have stopped /started the discounting (some times the stop start is selected theatres or cities), Tuesday plays a big part.for example last week Tuesday compared to 10 years agoTue 20/6/12 all titles/% chg Tu fr mon/%chg We fr TuUSA -1% / -20%CAN +53%/ -43% tue mk share CA 14% mon&wed 10%NA +10% /-22%Tue 21/6/02USA -4%/ 0%CAN +70% / -31% Tue Mk share CA 12%, Mon 7%, Wed 8%NA +2% / -4%sometimes CA mk share on Tue can go as high as double other days

• Like 1