tawasal

Peter O’Toole bows out of acting at the age of 79

HOLLYWOOD legend Peter O’Toole yesterday announced he has retired from acting.

The Irish star — who is 80 next month — said it was time to “chuck in the sponge” on a career which gave him eight Oscar nominations.

In a statement he said he “shared the inevitable lot of all actors: flops and hits”.

He added: “I bid the profession a dry-eyed and profoundly grateful farewell.”

Dad-of-three O’Toole, the son of an Irish bookmaker and Scottish nurse, shot to fame 50 years ago playing British adventurer T.E. Lawrence in Lawrence of Arabia, which won seven Oscars.

He lost out but got an honorary Oscar in 2003.

His last nomination was for 2006’s Venus.

The former hellraiser, whose 20-year marriage to Welsh actress Siân Phillips ended in divorce in 1979, lives in London.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/film/4422968/Peter-OToole-bows-out-of-acting-at-the-age-of-79.html

Damn I thought he was already pushing 100! He's an old 79 compared to Sean Connery who's already 81 imo. On a side note, I remember signing a petition on imdb trying to get him nominated for his role as Anton Ego in Ratatouille. :P

He is most well known for Lawrence of Arabia.

Posted Image

He never stared in a big franchise however that sort of ruins your image.

For example sir Alec Guinness was in so many critical hits but is known as the old guy in Star Wars lol