7 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

From it's animated opening credits to it's western score to it's on camera talent,City Slickers is a winner.It's another good example of what looks like an excellent idea on paper,the idea then being put in excellent hands and turning into an excellent movie.Worthy of note here is the on screen camaraderie of Billy Crystal,Daniel Stern,and Bruno Kirby.Everyone should have friendships in real life like the one depicted here between the three leads.The supporting cast is excellent, particularly Jack Palance,a participant in Crystal's all time favorite western,"Shane".Let's not forget little Norman,the calf who steals the show.Though it is set in modern day,you will no doubt add this to your western collection alongside the classics of the genre.Top notch! 10/10

a very good commedy but not a western: two cowboys discussing their problems to programm a video recorder?If they made the movie today those city slickers would use their GPS navigation systems to find their route.

Love this movie. One of my favorite comedies and one of my favorite 1991 films. Billy Crystal is in his prime and give a hilarious performance. Crystal, Daniel Stern (some of his meltdowns are great) and Bruno Kirby have great chemistry (you can tell they are friends in real life)

Of course Palance steals the show and I love that they gave him the Oscar. Lots of memorable moments, this is a lot of fun.

A-