Fullbuster

Man of Steel thread OS

Still what up with Germany and superman? why the hate? I mean superman is quite popular in places like the UK, Spain and France so why not Germany? To be honest when I looked at SR's abysmal take (3.6mil) I knew MOS won't be a hit there but I expected Antje Trau's presence (even though she's not a household name in Germany) to increase MOS's box office power there considerably but it didn't; still MOS should be able to make 7 mill or so, thus doubling SR's take and I'm happy with that.

Edited by messipotamia

Still what up with Germany and superman? why the hate? I mean superman is quite popular in places like the UK, Spain and France so why not Germany? To be honest when I looked at SR's abysmal take (3.6mil) I knew MOS won't be a hit there but I expected Antje Trau's presence (even though she's not a household name in Germany) to increase MOS's box office power there considerably but it didn't; still MOS should be able to make 7 mill or so, thus doubling SR's take and I'm happy with that.

If you look at past superhero performances in Germany, I think we can conclude that they simply just aren't very popular in that country, relative to a lot of others. I think their highest grossing superhero movie is TDKR, with $35.5m.

Edited by Heretic

Admissions are the real deal if you want to make real comparisons between movie successes. Because using grosses to compare successes between a 2000 movie and a 2013's one is tricky when Dollar had not the same value ant ticket prices were lower.

Edited by dashrendar44
  • Like 1

Since when have we started adjusting OS numbers?

I'm not saying MOS is having an incredible run, just that it's doing well considering where the franchise has come from. Especially compared to TASM which managed to decrease OS.

In Chinese box office forum, many people discuss and analyse admissions or adjusting numbers, and firedeep is one of them.

TA2

ID2

JP4

POTC4

SW7

(Just to name a few)

These are all OS monsters that MoS 2 could not get close.

2015 is not the year for MoS2.

But if MOS isn't opening directly against those films then it doesn't really matter if it gets beaten by them.

But if MOS isn't opening directly against those films then it doesn't really matter if it gets beaten by them.

Then where ?

A bunch of other $300~600m OS movies, just like MoS, are also releasing in 2015.  Not much break time for each.

2016 makes sense.

Edited by firedeep

December 2015 is the obvious choice. A month after the two giant november releases, plenty of time to let them run their course before MoS2 comes out. WB needs to come out and claim MoS2's spot as the big december release, December 18th makes total sense. Only others things currently are Alvin on December 11th and KFP3 December 23rd.  It will break The Hobbits december record and then get very strong christmas and new years weekend holds as they both are Friday's that year. The legs will not be cut by insane competition. Its obvious WB! 

Don't anybody say fucking Avatar 2 either, there is no chance that will before 2016. 

Edited by witness