Fullbuster

Man of Steel thread OS

400 mill is a streach at the moment :(

If it can drop 50% weekly from now on (which is hard I know) then from current markets, total could be up to 360M. Brazil and Japan should gross over 40M combine I think (25M from Brazil, 15M from Japan) Hopefully the OW in Brazil next week will be good. The release date in Japan is pretty bad though.

Man of Steel soared past the $300 million overseas milestone. The Superman reboot has now grossed $315.6 million from 62 markets. The top territories for the superhero film include China ($58M), the United Kingdom ($43.6M), Mexico ($20.8M), France ($16.7M), South Korea ($15.1M), and Russia ($10.6M). Man of Steel has grossed $586.8 million worldwide. 
  • Like 3

If it can drop 50% weekly from now on (which is hard I know) then from current markets, total could be up to 360M. Brazil and Japan should gross over 40M combine I think (25M from Brazil, 15M from Japan) Hopefully the OW in Brazil next week will be good. The release date in Japan is pretty bad though.

Its going head to head with the lone ranger in Brazil, which is bound to hurt the boxoffice there, I think doubling SR's take in Brazil (about 17 mill) is great IMO. As for Japan, yeah I am hoping for about 15 mill (SR did 11 mill there).

All in all it looks like MOS could do more than 350 mill OS, which is pretty good.

Its going head to head with the lone ranger in Brazil, which is bound to hurt the boxoffice there, I think doubling SR's take in Brazil (about 17 mill) is great IMO. As for Japan, yeah I am hoping for about 15 mill (SR did 11 mill there).All in all it looks like MOS could do more than 350 mill OS, which is pretty good.

The good news is TLR looks to have disappointed or underperformed in other markets, so I don't think it will be a big competition for MOS. Brazil is a superhero movies-friendly country, that's an advantage for MOS also. I think it can do 25-30, but 20M is also good.I thought it could realistically do IM3 numbers in Japan cause I assumed it had TA's release date last year. But August 30th I think is a pretty bad date. Still, 15M should be within reach IMO, and Supes is a well-known traditional hero, so maybe MOS could break out.

Its going head to head with the lone ranger in Brazil, which is bound to hurt the boxoffice there, I think doubling SR's take in Brazil (about 17 mill) is great IMO. As for Japan, yeah I am hoping for about 15 mill (SR did 11 mill there).

All in all it looks like MOS could do more than 350 mill OS, which is pretty good.

If your film is releasing in the middle of the summer and the only competition you have is The Lone Ranger, then that's great.

• Like 1

Sam, I think superman is fairly popular in Japan (Superman II is still top 10 superhero films of all time there!) so anything could happen but I think 15 mill is quite realistic,

If your film is releasing in the middle of the summer and the only competition you have is The Lone Ranger, then that's great.

LOL true that! It's good luck for MOS that WHD and TLR turned out to be duds, MOS may get to 300 mill DOM after all!

Sam, I think superman is fairly popular in Japan (Superman II is still top 10 superhero films of all time there!) so anything could happen but I think 15 mill is quite realistic,LOL true that! It's good luck for MOS that WHD and TLR turned out to be duds, MOS may get to 300 mill DOM after all!

Definitely, Supes is well known, he's also an old school, traditional superhero, and I think that's advantage in Japan. Those are the reasons why I don't rule out a break out. I did tell you that it would not surprise me if MOS can pull in TA numbers (45M). It's just that I think the release date is not that good, especially for the target audience (young adults/teens). But since Supes is a traditional hero, his movie could attract a wider, older audience. Japan is really hard to call at this point.And MOS will get to 300M Dom, just a matter of later rather than earlier like many predicted after that OW. I'll stick with 305M finish.

Definitely, Supes is well known, he's also an old school, traditional superhero, and I think that's advantage in Japan.Those are the reasons why I don't rule out a break out. I did tell you that it would not surprise me if MOS can pull in TA numbers (45M). It's just that I think the release date is not that good, especially for the target audience (young adults/teens). But since Supes is a traditional hero, his movie could attract a wider, older audience. Japan is really hard to call at this point.And MOS will get to 300M Dom, just a matter of later rather than earlier like many predicted after that OW. I'll stick with 305M finish.

To be honest Sam, I think the neck snapping/city destroying superman in MOS might change that perception of him being an old school/traditional hero, hence why alot of people are iffy about this film IMO.

Personally I don't think there will be a break out in Japan or Brazil (although MOS should do good biz overall) but then again with my "Spot on" predictions of 85-90 mill opening, 230-40 mill dom total and 500 mill WW, maybe I should just shut up and sit back and enjoy the show because this film has exceeded my expectations at every corner and proven that superman still has alot of fight left him.

So now passing TASM is an impossibility !!!!!!

You can consider this in other way: in 2007 the difference between Spider-man and Superman was 500 million WW. 6 years later, the difference will be about 50.

• Like 2