Fullbuster

Man of Steel thread OS

how do you know ?

I don't. I think it is "probably" just based on its gross. Considering the fact that studios get a higher percentage of a film's domestic gross vs. overseas combined with TASM's higher budget leads me to think that MoS is more profitable. 

That is tie-ins ... you mean, not exactly earns.

TASM also had $100M+ dollar worth product inputs.

The SEARS tie-in is so blatant in MoS, I almost choke. How much does WB get for that?

I also heard that studios get higher, much higher, percentage during the opening weekend, something close to 80% or even 90%. That's the reason studios are pushing for earlier opening day in the week. TF2 opened on a Tuesday I think. As the week progresses, the theaters get more and more. Is this the reason why studios go in and go out quickly? (more than before in the 80s when movies play for a whole year, especially the popular ones)

The SEARS tie-in is so blatant in MoS, I almost choke. How much does WB get for that?

I also heard that studios get higher, much higher, percentage during the opening weekend, something close to 80% or even 90%. 

Not any more. Studios get around 50%.

You can consider this in other way: in 2007 the difference between Spider-man and Superman was 500 million WW. 6 years later, the difference will be about 50.

SR is practically a reboot like MOS and ASM. It's unfair to compare them to SM3 which was a threequel and had a 150 m OW.

SR is practically a reboot like MOS and ASM. It's unfair to compare them to SM3 which was a threequel and had a 150 m OW.

Well, let's compare Spider-man 1 to SR. The difference is still of 430 million WW even with 4 years inflation advantage for SR. The point is that Superman has climbed to the same league than Spider-man.

Well, let's compare Spider-man 1 to SR. The difference is still of 430 million WW even with 4 years inflation advantage for SR. The point is that Superman has climbed to the same league than Spider-man.

The true test will be where the rebooted franchises are after two sequels.

Batman Begins and Superman Returns were in the same range. But a few years later Batman was bigger than Spider-man and the Superman franchise was dead in the water.

Look at Star Trek. Despite the universal praise for the first movie the second failed to break out. Reboots should be judged on the long term not the short term. Otherwise both Batman Begins and Superman Returns are in the same category..