CJohn

Wreck-it Ralph! OS thread

Another 6.4M. So 440-445 without Japan.

It would be such amazing icing on the cake if it can make it to $500 million. But it would have to break out in Japan and that market is so unpredictable right now. I think the Nintendo and SEGA connection can make it connect to audiences, but that's just wishful thinking on my part right now.

Tangled did 'okay' two years ago. And that opened on the weekend of the Tsunami/Fukushima meltdown, which wasn't really a time where the Japanese were excited to go to the movies. We'll see soon enough.

It would be such amazing icing on the cake if it can make it to $500 million. But it would have to break out in Japan and that market is so unpredictable right now. I think the Nintendo and SEGA connection can make it connect to audiences, but that's just wishful thinking on my part right now.Tangled did 'okay' two years ago. And that opened on the weekend of the Tsunami/Fukushima meltdown, which wasn't really a time where the Japanese were excited to go to the movies. We'll see soon enough.

That was my thinking exactly. Being a gamer myself, I'm hoping this connects with the same over there but who knows.

How much has this film made in the UK? The site has it at 7 million but it doesn't seem to have been updated since the 10th of February. 

Anyway, looks like the film is almost assured of breaking 450 million which is good. Was rather pessimistic about the OS grosses at first. 

Edited by Qindarka

The only prediction I gave for Ralph was that it would beat RotG. It did so comfortably DOM, but I expected it to go higher OS. Except for English speaking countries it kind of underperformed? 

Edited by Rudolf

Ugh, no numbers this weekend. Hopefully something pops up tomorrow. I'd hate to have to wait for an update until it opens in Japan.Probably passed $250 million though.

Looks like it did. Source: http://www.the-numbers.com/movie/Reboot-RalphTheatrical PerformanceDomestic Box Office $187,906,932International Box Office $250,800,000Worldwide Box Office $438,706,932