CJohn

Star Trek 2 OS thread

I will be very, very pleased and surprised with 40 million US. I know I certainly didn't think China could end up being Treks largest overseas market.What did the posters here think it was going to end with? Myself 25. Which would have still been a sizable increase.

Star Trek Into Darkness in China second day box office update : 18M yuan / 2.7M US dollar. It reached  43M yuan / 6.5M US dollar cume in 2 days.

Good, bad, ok for the 2nd day with its original number? (also any ideas how much of the original number was previews?)

The marketing for this here focuses on Benedict Cumberbatch. Not surprisingly though, since he is the most known and popular actor here among all STID cast.

What's the general audience reaction to this movie?

I will be very, very pleased and surprised with 40 million US. I know I certainly didn't think China could end up being Treks largest overseas market.

What did the posters here think it was going to end with? Myself 25. Which would have still been a sizable increase.

It is expected to gross more than 160M yuan/ 24M US dollar by the end of this week and top China box office. 

It could end up being largest overseas market for the film.  This is because of the emerging middle class in China and China still is a developing country which means still more to come.

Edited by deepfire

It is expected to gross more than 160M yuan/ 24M US dollar by the end of this week and top China box office. 

It could end up being largest overseas market for the film.  This is because of the emerging middle class in China and China still is a developing country which means still more to come.

What are you smoking ? 160M by Sunday is impossible.

What are you smoking ? 160M by Sunday is impossible.

Firedeep, read it properly!  I said it is "expected" and I am not saying that it "will" as I got the source from http://e.weibo.com/dianyingpiaofangba . And could please read the post #437.  One of the member here, SentryTrans said the film opened around 4M and you said no and you said it will be 2M or lower.  Then, what happened?  It did open around 4M!  Sometimes, I do think you need to learn how to respect the rest of the member from this forum.  

Edited by deepfire

Firedeep, read it properly!  I said it is "expected" as I got the source from http://e.weibo.com/dianyingpiaofangba . And could please read the post #437.  One of the member here, SentryTrans said the film opened around 4M and you said no and you said it will be 2M or lower.  Then, what happened?  It did open around 4M!  Sometimes, I do think you need to learn how to respect the rest of the member.  

My early estimate had it 20M OD (not $2M !!!). The actual was 24M. 

Anyway, 160M for 6-days is a bad projection. It likely wont have such a big weekend jump to hit that.

My early estimate had it 20M OD (not $2M !!!). The actual was 24M. 

Anyway, 160M for 6-days is a bad projection. It likely wont have such a big weekend jump to hit that.

This is why I said it is "predicted" as we all don't know what is going to happen in the next few days.  Do you ever read you own posts?   Do you think you never make an unrealistic projections?  I have read a lot of your previous posts, and I strongly believe that sometimes you need to use some appropriate words when you make a comment about the rest of the member's post.  Thank you. 

Edited by deepfire