A Marvel Fanboy

Monsters University OS (Settling for fine 480M OS total)

No new openings for Monsters University as the Pixar prequel added another $15.6 million to its $321.6 million overseas total. The animated film has grossed an impressive $576.9 million worldwide. An August 23 opening in China should push the film past the $600 million global mark. Top markets for Monsters University include Japan ($46.2M), Mexico ($38M), the United Kingdom ($23.2M), Argentina ($23.2M), Australia ($21.8M), and Russia ($20.8M).

http://www.boxoffice.com/latest-news/2013-07-28-global-fast-6-breaks-500m-overseas-with-24m-opening-in-china

UK is starting to catch up after the lousy OW and the gross in Japan is just massive. It's easily going to be number 1 market for MU. Thank you very much Japan.  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

Finding Dory is going to absolutely destroy Box Office records for an animated feature. Nemo was one of PIXAR's top hits in Europe during the fall/winter of 2003. And with the sequel also set for winter, it's going to be huge. Japan will be back for this one as well I'm sure.

It will definitely close in on Toy Story 3's worldwide record.

• Like 2

Finding Dory is going to absolutely destroy Box Office records for an animated feature. Nemo was one of PIXAR's top hits in Europe during the fall/winter of 2003. And with the sequel also set for winter, it's going to be huge. Japan will be back for this one as well I'm sure.

Given the growth in latin america where Pixar movies are very successful and the recent breakthroughs in Russia for MU I can see it ahead of TS3 with some luck.

And DOM won't disappoint on this one :P

• Like 1

This. Monsters University run in Japan is an excellent sign for Dory. And I bet for Dory beating Toy Story 3 WW.

• Like 1

So now we got another 1B movie for 2015.

You mean finding Dory? FN made 880M in 2003, if FD couldn't make it to 1B 12 years later, that was always going to be very disappointing. Edited by Tower