A Marvel Fanboy

Monsters University OS (Settling for fine 480M OS total)

What about Exodus and Interstellar for 500M OS?

Exodus is too early know that much but I would say no, Interstellar on the other hand has a good chance but it will need to be a good film like Inception.

TF4, Hobbit 3, FF7 are the only obvious choices.

TASM is very likely.

Hunger games depends on how this years one does.

Rio and HTTYD maybe, but probably not (especially HTTYD).

Minions is a spin off and will have a hard time keeping DM2 numbers.

Interstellar might if it can be as good as Inception.

Maybe some other film breaks out (Godzilla, Apes, CA2, Dinosaur).

If I had to guess I would say 6-7, which might be what we get this year.

I think CA2 is now very likely to break 500 OS.

Summer 2014 is weak.

Summer 2014 (May-Aug) I forecasted:

TF4 - 800M

FF7 - 600M 

TASM 2 - 600M 

HTTYD 2 - 540M 

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes - 440M 

DOFP - 350M

Godzilla - 350

Malificent - 300m

GotG - 270M

Top 10 combined: 4.25B, which is on par with 2010 and 2013, weak, and no match to 2011 or 2012.

Just because it won't match 2011 and 2012 doesn't mean it's weak. You must remember that 2011 was huge because of the Potter finale and 2012 had TA. Plus those are just your projections. Doesn't mean they will happen.

Summer 2014 is weak.

Summer 2014 (May-Aug) I forecasted:

TF4 - 800M

FF7 - 600M 

TASM 2 - 600M 

HTTYD 2 - 540M 

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes - 440M 

DOFP - 350M

Godzilla - 350

Malificent - 300m

GotG - 270M

Top 10 combined: 4.25B, which is on par with 2010 and 2013, weak, and no match to 2011 or 2012.

Based on your predicts not actuals.

GOTG - 270M? Lowballing. Its Marvel/DIS with huge marketing push 350M should be the low end. Maleficent just because of Ranger? Think Oz has Jolie, 400M should be the min. DOFP 350M you sure a pessimist. 350M (180M/170M)? With a Mem spot and the good will of FC thinking 500M minimum. Godzilla looks about right as does Apes could reach 500M+ HTTYD2 will get a lot of heat for that one. You see a near 200M drop for TASM2? No. At worst 650M could go as high s 800M. FF7 with a decline didn't see that coming and again a 200M drop. Lets see Statham and the franchise just keeps going up and up with no drop in sight yet you see that inevitable 200M drop. TF4 I have more, but respectable predict so no complaints.

Based on your predicts not actuals.

GOTG - 270M? Lowballing. Its Marvel/DIS with huge marketing push 350M should be the low end. Maleficent just because of Ranger? Think Oz has Jolie, 400M should be the min. DOFP 350M you sure a pessimist. 350M (180M/170M)? With a Mem spot and the good will of FC thinking 500M minimum. Godzilla looks about right as does Apes could reach 500M+ HTTYD2 will get a lot of heat for that one. You see a near 200M drop for TASM2? No. At worst 650M could go as high s 800M. FF7 with a decline didn't see that coming and again a 200M drop. Lets see Statham and the franchise just keeps going up and up with no drop in sight yet you see that inevitable 200M drop. TF4 I have more, but respectable predict so no complaints.

You are crazy, Neo ... and clueless.

I dont even know how to talk with you.

Edited by firedeep

Just because it won't match 2011 and 2012 doesn't mean it's weak. You must remember that 2011 was huge because of the Potter finale and 2012 had TA. Plus those are just your projections. Doesn't mean they will happen.

Failing to match previous years is the fact and it is called weak. 2013 is weaker than 2012 and 2011.

I believe firedeep is talking about OS totals while neo is talking about WW numbers. I think firedeep's numbers look good to me though something will break out more than expected. I think The Good Dinosaur not mentioned by firedeep has great potential as well.

If thats the case than I recant everything if not its back on.