A Marvel Fanboy

Monsters University OS (Settling for fine 480M OS total)

for most people it isn't, according to RT and IMDB and Boxoffice

It's the 4th biggest and will finish 3rd biggest ever WW so that last part of the statement is incorrect. I loved it as much as MI so to me this was step in the right direction after Cars 2. 

It's the 4th biggest and will finish 3rd biggest ever WW so that last part of the statement is incorrect. I loved it as much as MI so to me this was step in the right direction after Cars 2. 

the legs were terrible for an animated movie and the OS total was way below expectations

Edited by Goffe

the legs were terrible for an animated movie and the OS total was below expectations

It dropped great on 2nd weekend so WOM was very good but unfortunately, DM2 killed it domestically and as for 2nd part, says who? It's going to make 470M+ OS with a shot at 480M, pretty great in my book so I definitely don't buy below expectations.  ;) 

To the first part, DM2. To the second, says who? It's done way better than I thought it would.

first part, TS3 and DM. second part, Cars 2 was terrible and made 368m (Cars made about the same as MI, but MI was 5 years before Cars), The Croods without sequel recognition and a brand like Pixar made 398m in this same year

Edited by Goffe

It dropped great on 2nd weekend so WOM was very good but unfortunately, DM2 killed it domestically and as for 2nd part, says who? It's going to make 470M+ OS with a shot at 480M, pretty great in my book so I definitely don't buy below expectations.  ;) 

Monsters Inc: 270m

> 5 years after 

Cars: 217m

> 5 years after

Cars 2: 368m

> 2 years after

The Croods: 398m

Monsters University: 460-480m

seriously guys? MU had all: 3D, market expansions, Pixar brand and it was a sequel to one of the most beloved animated movies of the past decade, The floor should have been 500m for this.