iceroll

Catching Fire OS Thread || 438m

$375 - $425 M overseas.

I don't see it pulling a FF6 or a TDKR, two 2d movies that hit that mark abroad.  I also don't see it hitting bigger than the last Twilight ($537M for a 2d movie without China).

HG CF doesn't strike me as those movies that will be equally extremely loved in Germany, France, Spain, Italy,  Australia, The UK, Mexico, Brasil, Russia, China, South Korea (HG did 3.9 M there) and Japan.  You need to hit big in every single of those markets or very big in all of them but one to have a chance to hit $550 M for a 2d movie...few movies hit that mark, fewer in 2d...the last ones being FF6 and Skyfall 

I am bumping what i have said in August.

So Brazil, China and SK combined are looking at around 40-50% increase. And these markets generally increase more than European markets. I think CF is heading for 400m-ish. Though admittedly it is very very early and final number could be anywhere in 350-500m region. Some European openings over next few days will give a better idea.

South Korea OD - $460K

(THG OD - $290K)

Didn't you say it was 90% higher than THG here?

Thursday

Friend 2 (친구 2) 91,776 (673 Screens/3084 Showtimes)

The Hunger Games: Catching Fire 73,681 (581/2168)

Marriage Blue (결혼전야) 55,605 (514/2273)

The Fives (더 파이브) 27,200 (323/1182)

Thor: The Dark World 22,927 (327/1179)

Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 11,658 (309/661)

Gravity 10,992 (178/444)

Total

Gravity 3,008,753/$27.4M

Thor: The Dark World 2,743,607/$19.3M

Friend 2 (친구 2) 1,863,266/$12.9M

The Fives (더 파이브) 471,130/$3.2M

Marriage Blue (결혼전야) 81,139/$490K

The Hunger Games: Catching Fire 76,526/$460K

Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 11,716/$80K

Catching Fire OD is 90% higher than THG OD(39,051).

Gravity passed 3M admissions.

Because dollar is getting stronger.

Are you sure? The dollar became stronger 2 months ago when the Fed announced its QE policy would be progressively scaled back, but  they recently announced they will go on with it until the US unemployment rate reaches 6.5%...So technically the dollar should be weaker, and currencies from Brazil, Turkey and a lot of countries should be strong. Maybe your data are outdated?

Edited by Sonic

Are you sure? The dollar became stronger 2 months ago when the Fed announced its QE policy would be progressively scaled back, but  they recently announced they will go on with it until the US unemployment rate reaches 6.5%...So technically the dollar should be weaker, and currencies from Brazil, Turkey and a lot of countries should be strong. Maybe your data are outdated?

Maybe... But dollar is still getting stronger in front of the brazilian real.