iceroll

Catching Fire OS Thread || 438m

A bit underwhelming in Asia. Chance for 500m is very small. I wouldnot even think about it before I see 400m OS is done.

Yeah, i can't see it being popular in Asia, it just doesn't have the appeal of Harry Potter series and not as dumb as Twilight series so there's no reason to see it on theaters, maybe just wait for its DVD release or download it

In the case of The Hunger Games series, I guess its source material is just not as popular in Asia, so it's not seeing huge increases. Whereas in english speaking countries especially, since THG was released, the fandom has increase massively, so openings are following suit.

If the film doesn't break out in Asia now then I can't see it doing so for the next two films

If the film doesn't break out in Asia now then I can't see it doing so for the next two films

This. The first two films are the ones with the most interesting premise. They are the ones that will get introduced most of the public to the series.

The third book is basically seeing how the story develops and ends. It's not so attractive for newcomers.

I've said it here a number of times that Catching Fire won't do that much internationally (comparatively speaking of course) because:A. It's not in 3-D. Lots of markets are 3-D only and international audiences aren't yet bummed out on 3-D. Not to mention the fact that lots of theaters still give preference to 3-D movies, CF opened here but Thor 2 had just as many screens as it.B. The first Hunger Games wasn't huge outside of Europe and the AmericasC. In SA, I didn't see much marketing for the money (if any) compared to Thor 2 and The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug.

Edited by Deathlife