CJohn

Frozen OS thread

While I don't have any numbers for it, it's doing really well in Sweden. I think it should do at least 2.5m for OW, probably more.

Doubling Tangled though? That's a stretch. It would need to sell as many tickets as Finding Nemo did for that to happen, which is possible of course, but not probable.

Edited by Dale Cooper

Tangled did very good in Europe and almost $400 M. OS. Frozen almost double Tangled in the UK but in the rest of Europe Frozen did around 20-25% more than Tangled

According to Mojo, only in these 3 EU countries Tangled had bigger numbers:

Austria - $5,721,718 - $4,872,445 -14,84%

Czech  Republic - $1,417,338 - $1,213,970 -14,35%

Greece - $2,690,207 - $1,970,759 -26,74%

According to Mojo, only in these 3 EU countries Tangled had bigger numbers:

Austria - $5,721,718 - $4,872,445 -14,84%

Czech  Republic - $1,417,338 - $1,213,970 -14,35%

Greece - $2,690,207 - $1,970,759 -26,74%

damn! it did worse in Austria :( ... seems musicals are really not liked by my fellow countrymen and women

While I don't have any numbers for it, it's doing really well in Sweden. I think it should do at least 2.5m for OW, probably more. Doubling Tangled though? That's a stretch. It would need to sell as many tickets as Finding Nemo did for that to happen, which is possible of course, but not probable.

Norway did 50% more than tangled, we'll see.In SK, after a large post holiday drop next week the total should stand at 55m . I gotto believe it holds well if screens aren't pulled. 75-80m then probable. Japan often reacts similarly to many movies and almost always does more BO than SK.Anyone thinking 100m+ there. TS3 did 125m. MU 90.

That's just amazing. I remember after last week's Friday number I said the target would be 6m admissions. It has already done it rather easily lol.

Just look back in the SK thread, just before it opened people were saying it might do an "amazing" 3 million admissions, and that was the high end, 2-2.5 seemed to be expectations. 3 weekends later and it doubled the highest pre-opening expectations, and it's still going strong. :D

Only 135.6m to go for 1 Billion! :oShould happen now, even if China doesn't do too well.

I just can't see how it missed 1B now, Domestic alone will get it over 900. SK could add another 15+, it's still making money from other markets (more than I would have guessed at this point), maybe 15m more there, 10 from Sweden.

That's like 940 (or more) without Japan or China. It would take both China and Japan doing mediocre numbers for it to miss now.

• Like 1

I just can't see how it missed 1B now, Domestic alone will get it over 900. SK could add another 15+, it's still making money from other markets (more than I would have guessed at this point), maybe 15m more there, 10 from Sweden. That's like 940 (or more) without Japan or China. It would take both China and Japan doing mediocre numbers for it to miss now.

50m more US, 35m SK, 20m other, 10m Sweden takes it to 980m. 1.1 billion is probable now.If China and Japan go bats#@t crazy it will challenge IM3 at 1.215 billion

The Disney film saw a 20% boost in overseas sales over the weekend, collecting $24 million from 45 territories in its tenth week outside of North America.

Frozen posted the highest opening weekend of all time for an animated film in Sweden with a $2.2 million debut. It is the highest grossing animated film of all time in South Korea ($44.7M) and Denmark ($7M). 

Top markets for Frozen include: the United Kingdom ($59.5M), Germany ($45.7M), France ($41.8M), Russia ($33.1M), Australia ($29.2M), Italy ($27M), Mexico ($25.1M), and Spain ($20.8M). The animated film will be released during China's New Year celebrations next weekend and in Japan on March 15. Frozen has grossed a total of $864.4 million worldwide. 

http://www.boxoffice.com/latest-news/2014-02-02-global-frozen-continues-to-dominate-passes-500m-overseas

• Like 4

So this weekend breakdown seems to be $12m from Korea, $2.2m from Sweden and close to $10m from the rest.

So possible additional grosses:

DOM: 25-30m

Korea: 15-20m

Sweden: 7-8m

Rest: 25-30

So approximately another 80m, which means the current markets alone will finish with 945m. China and Japan add upto 100m combined, so 1.05B is a possibility.