CJohn

Frozen OS thread

How did day showings compare to evening showings on Saturday? I remember there being a discussion how Frozen possibly might not be appealing to Japanese adults/seniors as much (at least right now, until WOM gets around...), so some were worried the evening numbers might suffer. Hopefully the Sunday increase holds at around 30% or better, though...

How did day showings compare to evening showings on Saturday? I remember there being a discussion how Frozen possibly might not be appealing to Japanese adults/seniors as much (at least right now, until WOM gets around...), so some were worried the evening numbers might suffer. Hopefully the Sunday increase holds at around 30% or better, though...

I don't know for sure, but I think day showings were stronger than evening showings, but the differences were not that big. On Sunday however, day showings will be stronger than Saturday, but evening showings will be weaker. At least normally they are. So at the end of the day, Sunday increase might be less than 30% or even 25%. But I hope Frozen will stay strong throughout. It would be amazing if Frozen surprises us and beats MU's 2-day OW.

Edited by catlover

Those look like some major increases!  More than the 12% Sunday increase that MU had, I think it should come in over expectations again.

Not my expectations

I don't know for sure, but I think day showings were stronger than evening showings, but the differences were not that big. On Sunday however, day showings will be stronger than Saturday, but evening showings will be weaker. At least normally they are. So at the end of the day, Sunday increase might be less than 30% or even 25%. But I hope Frozen will stay strong throughout. It would be amazing if Frozen surprises us and beats MU's 2-day OW.

I won't be surprised

In twitter, some Japanese said they had seen Frozen in the theater for at least two times.

The frozen products are selling like hotcakes.

It 's a good sign.

My friend's Japanese friend said he had seen frozen for three times this week ^_^

Edited by LABAS
  • Like 2

TOHOサイト上映25分前販売数:20140316 (22:00 集計)販売数 座席数 回数 作品名47191 100135 284 アナと雪の女王(日本語吹替版)35537 *76933 287 映画ドラえもん 新・のび太の大魔境~ペコと5人の探検隊~12033 *49133 184 アナと雪の女王(字幕版)10164 *36082 162 映画 プリキュアオールスターズ NewStage3 永遠のともだち*7440 *28018 179 土竜の唄 潜入捜査官REIJI*6979 *31762 223 銀の匙 Silver Spoon*5098 *35823 219 ロボコップ(字幕版)*4705 *21129 119 それでも夜は明ける (字幕版)*4338 **6798 *19 アナと雪の女王(3D・字幕版)*3268 *17866 118 永遠の0*2979 *15809 113 劇場版しまじろうのわお!しまじろうとくじらのうた **852 **1612 **4 アナと雪の女王 (3D・字幕版・ATMOS・TCX)

TOHO !

Today  64414

Yesterday 59121

If I do not do bad math, the MU OW Sunday was 64310 admissions

• Like 1

it's awesome that Frozen's doing great in Japan as expected but those Japanese updates are hardly legible.. have no idea what they mean. haha

as far as i can gather it means that frozen is going to closely match MUs opening 2day weekend... that is pretty impressive since MU opened on a saturday and frozen on a friday which means frozens saturday numbers would have been deflated by that.

please somebody in the know correct me if i am wrong :)

Edited by chuck0

as far as i can gather it means that frozen is going to closely match MUs opening 2day weekend... that is pretty impressive since MU opened on a saturday and frozen on a friday which means frozens saturday numbers would have been deflated by that.

please somebody in the know correct me if i am wrong :)

Yeah, they have around the same admissions in the Toho cinemas.

But MU had a bigger 3D share.

it's awesome that Frozen's doing great in Japan as expected but those Japanese updates are hardly legible.. have no idea what they mean. haha

Haha. Well, short explanation. アナと雪の女王 is Frozen. The first column is number of tickets sold. Second column is number of seats. The third one is number of showings. :)

Haha. Well, short explanation. アナと雪の女王 is Frozen. The first column is number of tickets sold. Second column is number of seats. The third one is number of showings. :)

アナと雪の女王  = Anna and Snow Queen

Japanese title.

It sucks that frozen will gross less than MU OW...because of 3D share too of all things. After all the hype I'm pretty disappointed...frozen has spoilt me I guess :P

See, this is exactly why I predict realistically. If I had been carried away too, the disappointment would have been bigger :P. Anyway, you should remember Frozen opened on Friday. Had it opened on Saturday it would probably have beaten MU's OW. Besides, we don't know yet the results nationwide. We only have partial data. Still possible for Frozen to have bigger OW.

• Like 1