CJohn

Frozen OS thread

Don't worry it will be gone by July. Avengers 2 should push it to second for Avenger's OW and it's all downhill from there.  (This is assuming Avengers has a similar release date in Japan and the US)

I'm not sure Frozen will be gone by July. It will still be making money, but won't be a problem for Maleficent. And what do you mean by Avengers 2? It doesn't come out until next year.

• Like 2

I'm not sure Frozen will be gone by July. It will still be making money, but won't be a problem for Maleficent. And what do you mean by Avengers 2? It doesn't come out until next year.

That is the point...

Still not getting it. What does it have to do with Frozen and Maleficent?

The joke is that Frozen will still be in first next year, when Avengers 2 opens, which will finally be the film to knock it down to 2nd.

The joke is that Frozen will still be in first next year, when Avengers 2 opens, which will finally be the film to knock it down to 2nd.

This is what happens when someone forces a joke into a context in which it didn't fit:

PeetaKara was worrying that Maleficent will be facing competition from Frozen in July and you said "don't worry, it will be gone by July". If you were referring to July 2015, then PeeteKara *should* worry, because Maleficent comes out in July 2014. So you shouldn't have said "don't worry", because it implied that Frozen will be gone by July 2014.

Edited by Quigley

Very witty.too much wit for some I guess. :P

I think things would be simpler if you admitted that there is no logic to the joke (in the particular context, as I explained) and that it was in fact contradictory. That would be much simpler than insulting us by saying that, in other words, we are too dumb to understand. Because actually it's the other way around: we weren't dumb enough to laugh at something that doesn't make sense.

I think things would be simpler if you admitted that there is no logic to the joke (in the particular context, as I explained) and that it was in fact contradictory. That would be much simpler than insulting us by saying that, in other words, we are too dumb to understand. Because actually it's the other way around: we weren't dumb enough to laugh at something that doesn't make sense.

it made complete sense. The illogical part was the wit, it was non linear. You just didnt get it and I didnt say you were dumb, just not on the same illogical/witty plane of thought he expounded. NBD Edited by T E Lawrence

it made complete sense. The illogical part was the wit. You just didnt get it and I didnt say you were dumb.

GENERAL ADVICE

You know you should stop arguing with someone when they say:

a) that a joke makes sense and that it is illogical (talking about contradiction...)

b ) that you didn't get the joke, although, in fact, you never said you didn't

c) that a joke is too witty for someone and then argue that such a comment isn't insulting (whether it means "dumb" or not is  debatable but that's not the point)

THANK YOU FOR LISTENING

Edited by Quigley

GENERAL ADVICEYou know you should stop arguing with someone when they say:a) that a joke makes sense and that it is illogical (talking about contradiction...)b ) they say that you didn't get the joke, although, in fact, you never said you didn'tc) they say a joke is too witty for someone and then argue that such a comment isn't insulting (whether it means "dumb" or not is  debatable but that's not the point) THANK YOU FOR LISTENING

would you like a cookie?

The joke made complete sense. The first party asked if frozen would be done by July. End of sentence. He disregarded the second sentence regarding maleficent which would imply this july and joked that frozen would stay in first until next year with out implying that directly causing the confusion by mention of TA2. A conundrum. That is fucking witty, which you just didnt get. Get over it. Do you want skim, soy or almond with the cookie?

OTHER ADVICEInstead of apologising for insulting comments, give everyone cookies.

a cookie is better than an apology. It says I luv you! And love means- never having to say your sorry. Its true twas in Love StoryNow that I think of it. Saying too witty for some does imply stupidity. I meant that it was a wit not meant for all. Like a Pollock painting. I just dont get that shit. I can pour paint into an oscillating fan and get the same result. But some idiot will pay 50m for one of his paintings Edited by T E Lawrence

Whoa guys, just take it easy. It was a joke, I didn't get it, but now that I do it's kinda funny. But yeah, that joke is soo witty that I didn't even know he was joking. That's what happens on the internet, witty jokes sometimes don't work. Especially if there's no indication whatsoever that you're joking. But then again, that's the joke. lol

Although, I do get what Quigley said. The joke would have worked better if we were only talking about Frozen. But since the main concern was actually Maleficent, throwing The Avengers 2 in didn't really make sense. That's probably why I didn't get it.

Edited by catlover