CJohn

Kung Fu Panda 3 | 1/29/2016 | New Trailer on Page 26!

8 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

I think......when we get into the talks of The Croods 2 & HTTYD3.......what i can remind you is....don't get overly shocked if those films doesn't increase from their predeccesors, WW-wise.

Cause guess what.....those ain't gonna fail anyway. 

Have you seen Panda 3 yet? Would love to hear your thoughts :)

7 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

But Zootopia won't ;) 

Also, just saw Portugal is getting it a week before the US :sarah: 

Zootopia is coming out in February pretty much everywhere, one month before Panda 3. They won't be competition for each other. Zootopia comes out in the UK in 10 days :lol: 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

135M DOM

160M China

250M Rest of OS

545M WW

Come on, that's just too low.

You haven't seen the freaking movie and yet you predict it on the lowest degree??

I don't buy the "Oh, but Zootopia will make KFP3 gross lower, because that's Disney" crap. I just don't!

Both movies will be big hits.....but let's not overfavor that movie and underline this one. Be more realistic than this.

4 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Come on, that's just too low.

You haven't seen the freaking movie and yet you predict it on the lowest degree??

I don't buy the "Oh, but Zootopia will make KFP3 gross lower, because that's Disney" crap. I just don't!

Both movies will be big hits.....but let's not overfavor that movie and underline this one. Be more realistic than this.

I am being realistic. KFP3 is a major underperformer in China and it's not doing anything worth writing home about domestically. When Zootopia releases in the US, KFP will be in it's 6th weekend.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

I am being realistic. KFP3 is a major underperformer in China and it's not doing anything worth writing home about domestically. When Zootopia releases in the US, KFP will be in it's 6th weekend.

There is a reason why Zootopia is getting released in February in most OS markets. To have more breathing room before the Panda arrives ;) Panda 3 should be big in Europe with Easter holidays helping it. 

1 minute ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

But you haven't even see the movie yet...so why want KFP3 to fail?

So because I have a 135M DOM prediction that means I want it to fail? Give me a break. A 40M opening weekend with a 135M finish gives it nearly a 3.4 multiplier. KFP 2 had a 3.5 multi off the 3 day.

(For the record I have not seen the movie and won't until it hits Netflix)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

There's not much reason to expect KFP3 to perform better in Europe than in America

Of course there is. KFP2 was very popular in Europe and this one is getting a prime-time release date during the Easter holidays, when every kid is out school. It is gonna do more than 250M for sure.

• Like 1