ecstasy

Thursday Box Office

Please save me the drama.

baumer himself can testify how much confrontional and antagonistic with mods you've been since even your first posts here. I've arguings with baumer and others here before, but I'm respectful and always discuss things up through pm up until the point that everyone is cool because I respect people here. I think I should thank you and JackO, the trolling that you and others commit against TASM just prove the point that the biggest problem you have with this film its the release date. Thankfully, neither me, Spider-Man fans and the general audience DON'T GIVE A FUCK about your trolling attempt. The Amazing Spider-Man will have some amazing legs, and the following weeks will surely be interesting, regardless how hard you try to spin this as a failure. :)

Didn't this film cost abou $220 million to make?Its already at $400 million worldwide (and counting) in just 2 weeks. How can anyone call this a failure????I'm pretty sure Sony be happy that this movie has performed solidly (for a re-boot that no one wanted).

Yep, similar budget to the last two Spider man films and it will make the same amount as those films worldwide. Ignore the people trying this into some kind of flop or failure, or that Sony is going to be hesitant with the sequel. It's all bullshit

I am a Raimi fan as much as the next guy. But putting the fault in a convoluted Venom appearance when that was the least of the movie's problems would be the same if Catwoman's appearance in TDKR turns out to be convoluted and blame the studios because Nolan decides that it's brilliant to make Bane's real name Joe Chill. Venom or even Emo Parker are far than the worst problems in SM3. Sony didn't put Sandman as Uncle Ben's killer down Raimi's throat. Raimi committed franchise suicide and I won't blame Sony for something that was clearly something that Raimi thought it was great but it wasn't.

:rofl: Typical fanboy reaction. Trash the old films and prop up the new one. Yeah, the Sandman was uncle Ben's killer so what? I guess you forgot in TASM that

Parker completely abandons the search for Uncle Ben's killer after spending the entire first half of the movie looking for him!

Yawn. And please expand on how Catwoman in TDKR in anyway compares to Venom. Please write a novel about that. Maybe it might make more sense then whatever the hell you just wrote. ;)

One of those characters, Venom, is a newer villain in the comic books. He's from the '80s and '90s, as opposed to Sandman, who hails way back to issue 4 in the 1960s. Why the new baddie mixed in with such an old one?

I had never read Venom in the comic books, since they came after my time. Because of that, I didn't have a natural inclination toward him. And when I read those comics, at [producer] Avi Arad's urging, I didn't understand where Venom's humanity was. I know that kids think he looks cool, and they think he's a good villain for Spider-Man. I actually didn't. What was it about Peter's own makeup that this villain represented some weaker or darker side to? Just looking like a dark version of him is not enough for me. The more I read [Venom stories], the less interested I became. But then Avi said, ''Look, you've got to be less selfish. You've got to learn what it is these kids love about Venom.'' So I tried to open my mind up. Then Alvin developed a character that I did understand, and did appreciate.

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20037557,00.html
  • Like 2

Source: http://www.washingto...d-faces/?page=2

See, as I've been saying to you for as long as I remember you and me exchanging posts: it's not about what you or me want, mate. You might enjoy or not the ride. I LOVE The Amazing Spider-Man more than any other Spider-Man film and it ranks among the best superhero films of all time for me. I'm looking up for the sequel and I CAN'T WAIT for a FULL Batman reboot with the vision that I think it's adequate for Batman. I can guarantee you that I'm not alone. :)

Why does this always keep coming back to you and me as representatives of a collective whole? I'm just talking for myself.

Besides, if the origin reboot isn't the vision you want, you won't be that happy either. ;)

FWIW, Batman: The Animated Series, which is absolutely tremendous on every level, didn't feel the need to do an origin story as its pilot episode.

:rofl: Typical fanboy reaction. Trash the old films and prop up the new one. Yeah, the Sandman was uncle Ben's killer so what? I guess you forgot in TASM that

Parker completely abandons the search for Uncle Ben's killer after spending the entire first half of the movie looking for him!

Yawn. And please expand on how Catwoman in TDKR in anyway compares to Venom. Please write a novel about that. Maybe it might make more sense then whatever the hell you just wrote. ;)http://www.ew.com/ew...0037557,00.html

Dude, you're a troll. Batman never went to the court to attempt murder Joe Chill. And I'm not trashing the old films, Raimi did that by himself, without my help but with the studios endorsement. Thankfully it seems they have learned that lesson, because The Amazing Spider-Man is a better superhero film than your trollish 17 years old - but with a 10 years old mentality - eyes are willing to admit. If you don't understand what I'm saying, it's simply because you haven't been following Spider-Man as long as I did, and because you've a complete lack of understanding of the character. All the biggest Spider-Man creators and Spider-Fans that I know are praising this film like crazy, the general audience is in love with it, and the legs will show themselves and you'll keep twisting facts, which is sad, because that's what you basically did all July, that's a pathetic way of spending your Summer vacation but hey, whatever makes you happy, mate. :)

Agreed about TDKR, the problem is with YOU and others that FAIL TO UNDERSTAND that not everyone feel the same as you do about TASM. And trust me, BB ALSO HAD its detractors back in the day. That's what you fail to understand, I'm looking forward to a FULL reboot of Batman, just like Batman Begins and The Amazing Spider-Man are.

I don't fail to understand you at all. You are the one that the studios are going after! You will eat up all of these reboots and love everyone of them! They will all be what you claim is, "the best version of this character we have ever seen thus far."

Really, people? Some of you are going to boycott the next iteration of Batman films if they are not "original," just like you hate TASM because it's a "rehash"? Seriously...how original can you get with iconic superheroes? Sure, you could change the tone and the actors, and maybe tweak minor elements here and there, but every fucking version of Batman will be a dark, grimy tale about a Gotham millionaire orphan loner who dresses up as a bat, and most likely fights a man who paints his face like a clown. Every fucking version of Spider-man will be about a teenaged outsider who lives with his uncle Ben and aunt May, gets bitten by a radioactive/genetically engineered spider, and gets superpowers which he fails to use on a thug that ends up killing his uncle, and thus motivates the teenager to fight crime, and every fucking version of Superman will be about the last son of Krypton, who comes to Earth, is adopted by a nice couple in Kansas, and becomes the world's greatest superhero. Any changes made will be aesthetic and superficial, but it will always be the same ole stories. Let's not pretend that superhero films are original, because they are not, at least not the big icons. Not to mention that they almost always follow a very clear narrative arc. But by all means, continue peddling this unconvincing quest for "originality" in your Superman/Spider-man/Batman films.

It's all about the origin story. If it has already been told on film, it needs to just end there. There are literally tons of comics to pull plenty of varied stories from. What about Batman Beyond? How about The Long Halloween? Dark Victory? Hush? I'd love to see a film set completely inside Arkham Asylum(not necessarily based on the game). Bruce Wayne:Fugitive/Murderer? Death in the Family, A Killing Joke. These are just the ones that are currently sitting on my shelf. I haven't bought any new comics in a very long time. I would love to see a Batman anthology film with 4-5 different shorts of various styles and When there are countless good stories that I would love to see on the big screen, WHY WASTE ANOTHER FULL MOVIE ON AN ORIGIN?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?Why?

Why does this always keep coming back to you and me as representatives of a collective whole? I'm just talking for myself.

Besides, if the origin reboot isn't the vision you want, you won't be that happy either. ;)

FWIW, Batman: The Animated Series, which is absolutely tremendous on every level, didn't feel the need to do an origin story as its pilot episode.

Because in the end, we are the two best representatives of the general audience when it comes to the general audience. Both old geezers, one isn't able to let go, the other is having the time of his life. And for your info, besides redfirebird2008, no one here knows more about Batman TAS than me. And allow me to introduce you to the best take on Batman's origin of all time, it came from - guess what - The Animated Series first film, Batman: Mask of The Phantasm.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Wv2FitL0Aw

See, you are not able to have more than one take in the origin, and I'm able to love three and I'm MORE than eager for the fourth. And I lost count of how many takes on both Spider-Man and Batman origins I love, both from film, animation and comics. ;)

OK...I implied that you stop, now I'm going to tell you. Stop.

Wait, saying you are the biggest spidey fan is now being rude? Calling a delusional poster a bigger fan of the franchise over you was IMO wrong and I just pointed it out.

Now if you want to distance yourself from the franchise then I'll keep that in mind for the future.

I don't fail to understand you at all. You are the one that the studios are going after! You will eat up all of these reboots and love everyone of them! They will all be what you claim is, "the best version of this character we have ever seen thus far."

And you were once just like me and you seem stubborn to understand that as I've showed above, if we count the best origin of Batman besides the comics, we are about to see its fourth origin in the next reboot. And I love them all differently, but I've got to say that I'm partial to Batman: TAS origin. ;)

It's all about the origin story. If it has already been told on film, it needs to just end there. There are literally tons of comics to pull plenty of varied stories from. What about Batman Beyond? How about The Long Halloween? Dark Victory? Hush? I'd love to see a film set completely inside Arkham Asylum(not necessarily based on the game). Bruce Wayne:Fugitive/Murderer? Death in the Family, A Killing Joke. These are just the ones that are currently sitting on my shelf. I haven't bought any new comics in a very long time. I would love to see a Batman anthology film with 4-5 different shorts of various styles andWhen there are countless good stories that I would love to see on the big screen, WHY WASTE ANOTHER FULL MOVIE ON AN ORIGIN?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?Why?

I'll recommend you to watch Toy Story 3 once again so you can answer yourself that question. And if you still don't get it after that, watch it again, up until the point that you'll understand that this isn't about you. And it never will. You are getting OLD rallax. These characters never will. Deal with that.

Dude, you're a troll. Batman never went to the court to attempt murder Joe Chill. And I'm not trashing the old films, Raimi did that by himself, without my help but with the studios endorsement. Thankfully it seems they have learned that lesson, because The Amazing Spider-Man is a better superhero film than your trollish 17 years old - but with a 10 years old mentality - eyes are willing to admit. If you don't understand what I'm saying, it's simply because you haven't been following Spider-Man as long as I did, and because you've a complete lack of understanding of the character. All the biggest Spider-Man creators and Spider-Fans that I know are praising this film like crazy, the general audience is in love with it, and the legs will show themselves and you'll keep twisting facts, which is sad, because that's what you basically did all July, that's a pathetic way of spending your Summer vacation but hey, whatever makes you happy, mate. :)

I quoted EW. I am not twisting any facts. Raimi did not want Venom. Raimi wanted the Vulture. Avi Arad wanted Venom. You keep talking about this praise from these fans yet I look at SHH forums for Spider Man and the top topics are:ASM: Stuff You Didn't LikeDemand an Extended CutAnyone else get an empty feeling after watching this movie?After Credits scene and other nitpicksCould the movie possibly hinted at unresolved storylines?And that is just the first page.
  • Like 1

I quoted EW. I am not twisting any facts. Raimi did not want Venom. Raimi wanted the Vulture. Avi Arad wanted Venom. You keep talking about this praise from these fans yet I look at SHH forums for Spider Man and the top topics are:ASM: Stuff You Didn't LikeDemand an Extended CutAnyone else get an empty feeling after watching this movie?After Credits scene and other nitpicksCould the movie possibly hinted at unresolved storylines?And that is just the first page.

The same kind of bullshit topics were made for The Avengers once it was released too. Guess who was behind all of them too? And guess why you are the poster boy of everything that is wrong when it comes to Nolanites? You are just a Twilight fangirl on Venom's juice, mate. You're the new emo, the new fad. As all fads, they always fade away. :)

I suggest you put that ignore function to use, you're not going to change his delusions.Sony was not to blame, Raimi was .. fucking hell. Raimi made the best comicbook adaptation (SM2) and he could have ended the trilogy in a fine way if not for Sony's meddling.

I don't fail to understand you at all. You are the one that the studios are going after! You will eat up all of these reboots and love everyone of them! They will all be what you claim is, "the best version of this character we have ever seen thus far." It's all about the origin story. If it has already been told on film, it needs to just end there. There are literally tons of comics to pull plenty of varied stories from. What about Batman Beyond? How about The Long Halloween? Dark Victory? Hush? I'd love to see a film set completely inside Arkham Asylum(not necessarily based on the game). Bruce Wayne:Fugitive/Murderer? Death in the Family, A Killing Joke. These are just the ones that are currently sitting on my shelf. I haven't bought any new comics in a very long time. I would love to see a Batman anthology film with 4-5 different shorts of various styles andWhen there are countless good stories that I would love to see on the big screen, WHY WASTE ANOTHER FULL MOVIE ON AN ORIGIN?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?Why?

Because no matter how much you and I love comics, those awesome 4-color things are probably the "mass medium"" with the smallest audience of them all. Just check the top 300 comics lists every month...normally, on a non-universe-shaking-storyline month, the # 1 selling comic can barely move 100 k copies. And no matter how embedded in the collective consciousness Superman, Batman, and Spidey are, that doesn't mean that new[er] generations know their origins and their backstories. Sure, the films made lots of money, but maybe Hollywood feels that every generation deserves a refresher course in Spideyana. Having said that, TASM is, I admit, an origin story that came way too early after SM1. I don't think audiences have necessarily outgrown and forgotten it (the Raimi film), but what's done is done... Edited by cochofles
  • Like 1

:rotfl::rofl: Yes, Nolanites are responsible for cutting up your favorite film to shreds and leaving giant plot holes trucks could drive through.

The Amazing Spider-Man doesn't have plot holes, it has stories that will be developed in the sequels, same as Batman Begins. But flip flopping and hating on this film is your favorite activity, isn't it?

I'll recommend you to watch Toy Story 3 once again so you can answer yourself that question. And if you still don't get it after that, watch it again, up until the point that you'll understand that this isn't about you. And it never will. You are getting OLD rallax. These characters never will. Deal with that.

Yeah, but people will stop coming back for the same story over and over. I don't know when, but think about it this way:If every 10 years they reboot Spider-Man, then when I am in my 60's there will have been FIVE different origin stories? Do you honestly think that people will keep eating that up time after time? I know it probably won't be that bad, but if they keep making this kind of money, I wouldn't put it past the studios.For you, if this is "THE DEFINITIVE VERSION OF SPIDER-MAN THAT FITS IN WITH MY IDEA OF WHAT HE REALLY TRULY IS", then what can you like about the next reboot?
  • Like 1

I suggest you put that ignore function to use, you're not going to change his delusions.Sony was not to blame, Raimi was .. fucking hell. Raimi made the best comicbook adaptation (SM2) and he could have ended the trilogy in a fine way if not for Sony's meddling.

Amen!