35 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

True but if you ever think about the battle of Thermopylae or Spartans, you will remember the movie 300 :)

Actually I was watching a History show and they were talking about Spartans and I was like I want to rewatch 300 :) .

• Like 1

True but if you ever think about the battle of Thermopylae or Spartans, you will remember the movie 300 :)

Actually I was watching a History show and they were talking about Spartans and I was like I want to rewatch 300 :) .

True. But then I think about that strange beast with a big cleaver as arms lol.

the most pathetic piece of shit excuse for a movie ever. easily the vilest piece of unintentional fascist propoganda ever. fucking hell this is horrible.

1/10

Edited by lisa
  • Like 1

Overrated and terrible. The characters are bland with little development. I could careless for the action in the movie since I did care for the characters. There was no excitement in the action sequence. The movie also suffers from cheesy dialogue. 

D

Edited by Dexter of Suburbia
  • Like 1

You can say the dialouge is chessy but that is one of the things that helped the film most.

It really had that old school touch of old epics with that over dramatic line delivery.

Film likely was one of the most quoted movies of the past decade lol

"Tonight we dine in hell!"

This movie is literally a tower defense game of the 300 spartans attempting to protect one entrance from very clearly defined waves of enemies.

Also after watching Game of Thrones I can't watch this movie without thinking Lena Headey is plotting against everyone

The movie itself was decent

Saw this playing somewhere last week, and I was reminded that I disliked it. Thought the script/plot (not sure if there was one at all really) and acting are meh to bad. The excessive slow-motion is exhausting. 

D-

• Like 1

Like Alonzo Harris would say, it's 90% bullshit, but it entertains me. That being said, I have only seen it once, and I would probably never watch it again. A big minus in my book is the depiction of the Persians as complete savages, but hey, it ain't nothing new, Hollywood's depictions of foreign people are always stereotypical BS.

C-.

I love how most people hating on this movie now actually loved it back in 2007. It's a pure testosterone filled action film for men. Women can obviously enjoy the 8 packs. Anyone who goes into this expecting a true to live epic are kidding themselves and shouldn't have seen it in the first place. This is a film for men, if you didn't enjoy it, you're simply not manly enough.

I love how most people hating on this movie now actually loved it back in 2007. It's a pure testosterone filled action film for men. Women can obviously enjoy the 8 packs. Anyone who goes into this expecting a true to live epic are kidding themselves and shouldn't have seen it in the first place. This is a film for men, if you didn't enjoy it, you're simply not manly enough.

Thank God for that. I'm never been happier that I'm not a manly man or whatever at the moment :lol:

Watched a second time after 6 years. It is still good.

I've a soft spot for Zach Snyder, I think he's a great filmmaker, but he has one problematic characteristic, excess, he doesn't know when enough is enough, most of the criticisms about his movie are related to that. Biggest problem I had with this was the excessive use of slow-motion.

Snyder's worst. 65/100

Probably the finest example of the problem of Snyder's films, which is that it's all style over substance. It's just a bunch of men in dress-up running around in slow motion. It would work as a 5-minute Youtube video, but as a full 2 hour movie... god, it's painfully terrible. I can't believe I actually sat through the whole thing.

This is unbelievably fucking stupid.

A+

lol this post reminds me of a Letterboxd review I read a while ago.

"Disgusting, racist, misogynistic, jingoistic, mindlessly violent bullshit. Absolute trash. 5 stars."
Edited by Goffe