35 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

Saw part of this on tv one time and to sum up the experience in one word would be nauseating!The slow mo is tacky and annoying and gets old just about as soon as it begins.Not to mention this film is extremely rascist against the persians/ easteners! :angry: It conveys them all as really ugly or stupid or weak while portraying all the spartans as super tough better than everybody else guys.

hmm this film I can see ruffles a few feathers as it has very over the top dialuge and it wrong paints the Spartans as the Chosen warriors vs barbarians.

Yeah the film white washes a lot of historical facts and frankly its likely the most Conservative minded blockbuster I have ever seen. 

Nevertheless, great action and the end of the film was really well done and powerful.

It caused a huge craze and became a massive hit in theaters and on DVD and was one of the most well received R rated blockbusters in the past decade. 

To be honest the film likely should have been shunned for being racist and I think it is but for some reason a lot of people like myself found it entertaining 

Appears we all have a inner darkness in us. 

Edited by Lordmandeep

Deliciously unPC, slashy to the max, gorgeously shot to look like pages from a graphic novel, with surprisingly strong performences save David Wenham clunker, glorious Fassy with painted-on abs, iconic lines, BSG-like Greek choir score.

I love this movie. :wub:

Mmm... Lena Headey. And I ain't just talking about her nude sex scene.

"Who does this woman think she is that she can speak amongst men?"

"Because only Spartan women give birth to real men."

Her revenge scene was actually awesome. Good actress.

Funny thing is the Spartans actually had body Armour and with the shield were pretty much like a tank.

Seriousily what kind of silly civilization would create such great shields and say "yeah but we fight half naked"

Even so many parts of Spartan Society shown were accurate and even though it is not a historical movie.

This film will forever define the Greco-Persian wars and epic Last stand at Thermopylae in the minds of people.

Edited by Lordmandeep

More epic lines from the film...

Wife telling the King:

Spartan! Come back with your shield, or on it...(Actual Spartan saying) 

Persian: A thousand nations of the Persian Empire descend upon you. Our arrows will blot out the sun.

Spartan: Then we shall fight in the shade! (actual historical quote) 

Xerxes: Persia has much to offer Sparta. We could share much of our cultures with one another. 
Spartan King Leonidas: Yes I know, we've been sharing our culture with Persia all morning.

Funny thing is the Spartans actually had body Armour and with the shield were pretty much like a tank.

Seriousily what kind of silly civilization would create such great shields and say "yeah but we fight half naked"

Even so many parts of Spartan Society shown were accurate and even though it is not a historical movie.

This film will forever define the Greco-Persian wars and epic Last stand at Thermopylae in the minds of people.

I don't think people were stupid enough to take this movie seriously and put it up their with their knowledge of history. After all there were mythical beings in this film, I think people knew it wasn't historically accurate.