film2kz

Weekend EST- IA4 45.5M; TASM 35M(-44%); Ted 22.1M; Brave 10.7M; MM 9M

Yes, I really needed IA to disappoint. Thank you, North America, again you prove that you have better taste than the OS audience. I need it to finish under 155m and my summer game is in a bit better shape.

Or maybe the OS auds have money to spare.
  • Like 1

It's locked for $200M+, so I'm going to go with no. It faced direct competition this weekend, a substantial drop was inevitable.

A substantial drop, sure, but at this point Madagascar 3 is going to have a higher multiplier. Which shocks me.

Wow not bad for Spidey, damn I thought Ice Age would open to 50m or so.

I was actually expecting to IA to not go big. I've been saying this since last weekend, when I told people that The Amazing Spider-Man easily beat IA4 here in Brazil. Here is always a good place to know how DOM audiences will answer to a film, it's mostly accurate most of the times with blockbuster films.

Or maybe the OS auds have money to spare.

Or maybe people are simpletons and think of Overseas audiences are made of just ONE country, when it's all the world against two countries in North America. If you claim that IA4 is such a bad film - I don't know, I never have seen ONE IA film to be honest - people should be expecting even minor numbers. I find it funny when people say that Battleshit did better OS than DOM or when any bad film does better with OS numbers than DOM. Well, ALL films will supposedly have a way better BO in OS, since it's all World against just two countries. It seems like a no brainer to me.
  • Like 2

I was actually expecting to IA to not go big. I've been saying this since last weekend, when I told people that The Amazing Spider-Man easily beat IA4 here in Brazil. Here is always a good place to know how DOM audiences will answer to a film, it's mostly accurate most of the times with blockbuster films.

I don't think Spiderman has had any bearing on IA's opening. The weakish number for IA probably has to do with Madagascar and Brave saturating the market.

Or maybe people are simpletons and think of Overseas audiences are made of just ONE country, when it's all the world against two countries in North America. If you claim that IA4 is such a bad film - I don't know, I never have seen ONE IA film to be honest - people should be expecting even minor numbers. I find it funny when people say that Battleshit did better OS than DOM or when any bad film does better with OS numbers than DOM. Well, ALL films will supposedly have a way better BO in OS, since it's all World against just two countries. It seems like a no brainer to me.

Usually they're saying it did better relative to expectations OS than domestically, not simply that it did more business.