film2kz

Weekend EST- IA4 45.5M; TASM 35M(-44%); Ted 22.1M; Brave 10.7M; MM 9M

I don't think Spiderman has had any bearing on IA's opening. The weakish number for IA probably has to do with Madagascar and Brave saturating the market.

Let me correct you because seriously, such a big pet peeve of mine when I see people spelling it wrong: It's Spider-Man. Actually, it's The Amazing Spider-Man, but Spider-Man or Spidey for short it's okay. I know people usually make a mistake but it makes my eyes burn, so I'm trying to educate people about Spider-Man's correct spelling. :P

As for what you think, yeah I don't think it has anything with it either, I just think that as we've been discussing on another threads, the WOM over The Amazing Spider-Man is far better than some would like to admit. Hoping for the estimate to hold and not only that, some impressive jump tomorrow.

I'm hoping this means extinction for those bumbling prehistoric morons.

It won't. It's doing great business OS. Will decrease from IA3, but still end up as #1 WW animated film sadly. Brave is on course for 230m, which can be enough to be the top animated grosser in NA.

Let me correct you because seriously, such a big pet peeve of mine when I see people spelling it wrong: It's Spider-Man. Actually, it's The Amazing Spider-Man, but Spider-Man or Spidey for short it's okay. I know people usually make a mistake but it makes my eyes burn, so I'm trying to educate people about Spider-Man's correct spelling. :P

This is apparently the only thing we will ever agree on.
  • Like 1

It won't. It's doing great business OS. Will decrease from IA3, but still end up as #1 WW animated film sadly. Brave is on course for 230m, which can be enough to be the top animated grosser in NA.

I still have hope Fox will decide the writing's on the wall and quit while they're ahead. It's doing great OS and will turn a big profit but it's not coming close to IA3, let alone the 1B WW many thought was possible.

Yes to some people Potter films are considered domestic disappointments and I'm alright with that. :) Because people are crazy.BB adjusts to 253.7m and sold 32m tickets, TASM should finish it's run around 250m, factoring in 3D surcharges BB will have sold a fair amount of tickets more than TASM based off of my final projection for it. TASM is a reboot following the biggest superhero trilogy and imo it should have grossed much more than what it has, SM3 set spiderman back a fair way.

I hated throwin' Potter @ ya, 'cause I personally love them all, but I was tryin' to hit ya where it hurts. My bad & I apologize. :)I still think TASM can do more than $250m, but it seems now it prolly won't hit the $280m+ it needs to almost tie BB's ticket sales. There is no doubt either, that SM3 severely tarnished Spidey's brand, tho I think there is some surprises left to be had in its domestic run. Anyway, Nikke's callin' it successful... not sure if that means much, but... :D
  • Like 1

I hated throwin' Potter @ ya, 'cause I personally love them all, but I was tryin' to hit ya where it hurts. My bad & I apologize. :)I still think TASM can do more than $250m, but it seems now it prolly won't hit the $280m+ it needs to almost tie BB's ticket sales. There is no doubt either, that SM3 severely tarnished Spidey's brand, tho I think there is some surprises left to be had in its domestic run. Anyway, Nikke's callin' it successful... not sure if that means much, but... :D

If Nikki calls it a success than who are we to deny the queen.
  • Like 2