Cedarpoint1111

TDKR Weekend: $160.89M - #3 ALL TIME HIGHEST OW

Thats your opinion and youre entitled to it but its by far the worst in my eyes. And I dont think there will be a lot of repeat business for this one.

With a 180M OW there is no way it will reach 500M with the type of WOM that is getting, IMO.

I hope this doesn't turn into another Heath Ledger thing when people debate endlessly about the effect on box office because there is no way to "prove" how much of an effect it had.

You know it will.

I know it is Onion but it is still very wrong. :D

http://www.theonion.com/articles/some-fucking-guy-at-warner-bros-wondering-what-sho,28859/

Some Fucking Guy At Warner Bros. Wondering What Shooting Of 12 Means For Ticket Sales

July 20, 2012 | ISSUE 48•29

Related Articles

LOS ANGELES—According to sources, some soulless fucking piece of shit at Warner Bros. is wondering how last night's tragic shooting of 12 people at a screening of Dark Knight Rises will affect ticket sales for the blockbuster film. "God, I hope this doesn't ruin our shot at the opening weekend box office record,” said the unimaginable asshole, noting that the cold-blooded murder of a dozen innocent people could deter moviegoers from seeing the film with friends throughout the weekend. "At least the international numbers will still be very strong. We can take comfort in that.” At press time, the oily, subhuman son of a bitch was reassuring coworkers the movie would definitely still finish number one in North American box office receipts for 2012.

• Like 3

Whether you agree with it or not is irrelevant. You can't say barely beating TDK's day business isn't at least a little bit disappointing and makes some sense when you consider the shooting.

Actually what it does is confirm just how much of an impact A) The Joker is to a film and B-Ledger's death further increased and overinflated how TDK performed. The performance here is bringing it back down to where it should've been.

A $180-185m opening is really great, and puts it right around the average of normal estimates. Not to mention, wouldn't that mean it sold about the same number of tickets as TA's OW? WB itself only had it pegged at $170m... BE HAPPY, people!

• Like 4

WOM is good to great. 500M can happen from a 180 opening. The only problem is it's not heading towards a 180 opening.

Less? More? What do you say?

Not intended to be tasteless for the record. The sad irony can't be denied though.

Posted Image

Oh big deal, "killer" is an adjective used for basically anything good. Hardly something that should be pulled from the shelves.

Actually what it does is confirm just how much of an impact A) The Joker is to a film and B-Ledger's death further increased and overinflated how TDK performed.The performance here is bringing it back down to where it should've been.

I can't believe your practically denying the shooting had any effect.
  • Like 2