Cedarpoint1111

TDKR Weekend: $160.89M - #3 ALL TIME HIGHEST OW

They Can get Refunds mostly there reason was their friends were too scared to come to the theater that night.

How many people returned their tickets roughly at your cinema?If people who already had tickets are too scared to come to the theatre - then that's lame. I hope that isn't happening elsewhere in the country. I guess if you lived nearby to the shooting you might think there's a remote possibility of a copy-cat or an accomplice, but still.

This is so fucked up. This was supposed to be an epic weekend..asshole ruined everything. Can't believe some people are staying home out of some fear or even out of respect for victims. How is boycotting a movie showing them respect?

Couldn't agree more.As rallax said earlier today, this will always be remembered as the day with the biggest asterisk next to it.

I've seen quite a few FB statuses of people saying they won't be going to the movies, some girl talking about people having "sensitivity issues" if they go see TDKR tonight, etc.

I don't get that. How is it insensitive to go see TDKR? The killer was a psycho and used this event to his advantage. It's the equivalent of saying I won't go on a plane because of sensitivity to 9/11.

This is so fucked up. This was supposed to be an epic weekend..asshole ruined everything. Can't believe some people are staying home out of some fear or even out of respect for victims. How is boycotting a movie showing them respect?

I don't mean this in a negative way, but the victims paid to see the movie, at midnight, they obviously love the film series, and they want it to succeed, so boycotting it doesn't really make sense, in that context.

I don't get that. How is it insensitive to go see TDKR? The killer was a psycho and used this event to his advantage. It's the equivalent of saying I won't go on a plane because of sensitivity to 9/11.

Yeah Like it's Really TDKR fault this guy did what he did. The Guy was a Psycho The Movie had no Effect on what this guy did yet the media has to blame something.

Just left the theater, but my first thoughts are that I need to see this again. It was very good but the ending just killed it. Absolutely spectacular.

I teared up a little, such a beautiful ending.

When you say "the ending just killed it" do you mean that it sealed the deal or that it was that bad of an ending?

The victims were biggest Batman fans there. Sitting minding their own business at a midnight show.I saw a post by Creator. I agree with it. I would love to see Bale dressed up as Batman and visit the poor folks in the hospital. Edited by JackO
  • Like 2

The rationale is indeed absurd. Paying respects to the injured and killed privately is the best way to look back at the horrible tragedy...and then you move forward. There should be no gratification given to one deranged individual by stopping your life and cowering in fear. Keep those that were hurt in your thoughts and dismiss the shooter.

Just left the theater, but my first thoughts are that I need to see this again. It was very good but the ending just killed it. Absolutely spectacular.

I teared up a little, such a beautiful ending.

I have to agree. My mouth was open for a few seconds. One of the best endings I've ever seen.