Cedarpoint1111

TDKR Weekend: $160.89M - #3 ALL TIME HIGHEST OW

So,

Estimates by studio now: "we don't respect families! We are greedy! We have no heart! We are cold businessmen!"

Actuals by studio in 2 days: "we showed our deep respect and our humanity. Talking about money is fine now".

Terribly stupid.

Worse:

Terribly hypocrital.

I'd take something like BB/TDK/TDKR with an actual backstory over a "fun" and light SH film like TA. That's my main issue with Marvel as a whole (aside from ASM).

So would I actually. It's just more satisfying.

It's perfectly reasonable. Midnights are bigger (as is the trend with all movies), the post-midnight gross is about the same as TDK. Similar to how the Harry Potters behaved.

Potter/Twilight redefine what frontloaded is and Batman should never be that frontloaded.
  • Like 1

If people don't turn out for opening weekend as much isn't it safe to say we'll see some very soft drops?

I think WOM will be the telling story when all is said and done. If it has great WOM (which is all I've been seeing), the weekend drops should be pretty good and should help this make a decent final gross.

If people don't turn out for opening weekend as much isn't it safe to say we'll see some very soft drops?

It'd be nice. I think the film deserves a good run, though having seen it I know it won't have TDK's legs. Its structure means people that don't like it really don't like it. Edited by Hatebox

Yeah.When TDK came out, dark and bleak was the new great thing for comic movies. Now people want light and fun like TA.

X100.How fast trends can go in Hollywood.Maybe WB or Nolan took too many things for granted.

Nikki playing with us...... not old news.....I'm glad I wasn't here around that time, otherwise I'd be having a meltdown as well. :)

Baumer was doubting 400 mill at one point :rotfl:

"So would I actually. It's just more satisfying."I agree but frankly seeing some comic book movies trying to be all dark and serious like TDK ruins them.It works for Batman

Edited by Lordmandeep

Ok...lets put this into points. Easy to digest.

1. TDKR hype was nowhere near TDK hype

2. TDKR was always going to be more frontloaded than TDK

3. The media have dubbed this 'THE BATMAN MASSACRE' so it will obviously effect TDKR.

4. This will always remain the biggest 'What if?' in box office history

5. It is still a impressive OD

6. My hype for TDKR went to 30% after the shootings and I was the most exited anyone could be for the movie so I am sure it stopped others from seeing it.

7. Everyone chill....we really don't need the anger on a already miserable weekend.

Thank for those two especially

"So would I actually. It's just more satisfying."I agree but frankly seeing some comic book movies trying to be all dark and serious like TDK ruins them.It works for Batman

TASM, for example?

"TA should be on par with SM3....too close to call a winner."Really, thats amazing..You are better at adjusting what is the biggest film on Friday non midnights?

DMC, SM3, TA all are really close..... within 0.2M of each other. Maybe I'll prepare a chart about it after we have TDKR actuals.....

The funny thing about ASM the best part is when he is a cocky superhero or when he was swinging around NYC."DMC, SM3, TA all are really close..... within 0.2M of each other. Maybe I'll prepare a chart about it after we have TDKR actuals....."DMC is a beast...

Edited by Lordmandeep

So someone finally caved in and gave Nikki some data , even thought I was thinking 80 hours ago i wouldnt be at this point going above the 77In brief TDKR was above TA in a few markets and quite a few it was just under, then there were ones with a bigger diff, in Canada Toronto TDKR was marginally behind TA,but Montreal bigger diff

• Like 2

So,

Estimates by studio now: "we don't respect families! We are greedy! We have no heart! We are cold businessmen!"

Actuals by studio in 2 days: "we showed our deep respect and our humanity. Talking about money is fine now".

Terribly stupid.

Worse:

Terribly hypocrital.

That's what I said. It was completely unnecessary.