Cedarpoint1111

TDKR Weekend: $160.89M - #3 ALL TIME HIGHEST OW

But you're completely forgetting that the people watching the film DIED. They were shot to death. Surely some people thought twice about going to the movies this weekend because of that.

When you see an accident in front of you on the highway, do you stop driving?

Problem is that if Saturday stays flat then it may not even make 150 million OW. There are no guarantees that Saturday will be better than Friday considering presales accounted for a big part of its 40 million.

But you're completely forgetting that the people watching the film DIED. They were shot to death. Surely some people thought twice about going to the movies this weekend because of that.

Some, yes, but not a huge amount, imho.

When you see an accident in front of you on the highway, do you stop driving?

Because you have to drive to go to work to make money. Movie going is only about entertainment, you lose nothing for not going.
  • Like 2

Sorry, don't buy it. People get shot, killed, massacred all the time in the US. Why would this be any different?

People get shot all the time. Massacres do not happen all the time. I absolutely believe the shooting had an effect. I've talked to some people and seen on places like Tumblr, Livejournal, Twitter, and Facebook where people said they felt uncomfortable going to see the movie this weekend. Some said they got refunds and plan to see it another time. About 10 co-workers of mine said the same, and most of my family are planning to see it another time instead of this weekend.