Cedarpoint1111

TDKR Weekend: $160.89M - #3 ALL TIME HIGHEST OW

It does amaze me that all of a sudden posters (who were not even discussing here before Friday) expected a low OW. For the unprecedented circumstances it faced it has still been a event but it has definitely felt a impact.Trailers, No Joker...and all that other crap was never going to reduce the OW to sell less tickets than TDK on its OW. Common sense needs to prevail here. I thought we were all amateur analysts lol. We should have seen a huge weekend (not necessarily TA $ gross huge but HUGE admissions)..TDK has so much goodwill from audiences it alone should have guaranteed $175m+ (which I believe is TDK adjusted).

• Like 3

this will have outrageous legs.1 billion % awareness and elite word of mouth?

WoM isn't elite. Its great, but the only movie so far this year with 'elite' wom has been TA. And yeah, it has high awareness, but for the wrong reasons. And yes, there is such thing as bad publicity, which TDKR now has.

2.7X is the most it will get imo. WOM is good, but not TDK out of this world.

Nolan films, from Insomnia to Inception, have averaged 26% of their grosses from OW. They've been very consistent, and the late July release has always helped, as the competition have been minimal (this year is no different).The legs on TDKR are really the last thing WB should be concerned about.

It does amaze me that all of a sudden posters (who were not even discussing here before Friday) expected a low OW.For the unprecedented circumstances it faced it has still been a event but it has definitely felt a impact.Trailers, No Joker...and all that other crap was never going to reduce the OW to sell less tickets than TDK on its OW. Common sense needs to prevail here. I thought we were all amateur analysts lol. We should have seen a huge weekend (not necessarily TA $ gross huge but HUGE admissions)..TDK has so much goodwill from audiences it alone should have guaranteed $175m+ (which I believe is TDK adjusted).

Exactly. Thank you!

It does amaze me that all of a sudden posters (who were not even discussing here before Friday) expected a low OW.For the unprecedented circumstances it faced it has still been a event but it has definitely felt a impact.Trailers, No Joker...and all that other crap was never going to reduce the OW to sell less tickets than TDK on its OW. Common sense needs to prevail here. I thought we were all amateur analysts lol. We should have seen a huge weekend (not necessarily TA $ gross huge but HUGE admissions)..TDK has so much goodwill from audiences it alone should have guaranteed $175m+ (which I believe is TDK adjusted).

the opening is also less than SM3 adjusted

I have been saying this for three days now and I don't think it's getting enough weight: I truly believe TDKR will see bad-to-average legs and a depressed overall gross not because of its lack of quality or bad WOM but because some in the general public (casual moviegoers) have written this movie off entirely due to its association with the tragedy.