Cedarpoint1111

TDKR Weekend: $160.89M - #3 ALL TIME HIGHEST OW

Obviously. I meant what did you say that would make him drop the score?

How the hell did he go from that pit to Gotham?How did he get into Gotham? Why was there no international aid from any country since it's been five months? Because of the bomb? Really?How was he able to find Selina/Gordon so quickly but not Lucius?

But these were questions he had raised before, we just got into a big discussion about it.

How the hell did he go from that pit to Gotham?-probably called alfred. How did he get into Gotham?-he's batman, doubt it was that hard,Why was there no international aid from any country since it's been five months? Because of the bomb? Really?-yes probablyHow was he able to find Selina/Gordon so quickly but not Lucius?-selina was in old town where she lived; fox was hiding in some building.

But these were questions he had raised before, we just got into a big discussion about it.

No, Alfred left Bruce.And "he's Batman" isn't a response.

and if bruce called, apologized, and begged for his help? like alfred would leave him out in the cold. The prison could have been in mexico. we have no idea where it was, where gotham is, etc. and he being batman is a response. wayne manor is not located on the island. he had access to the cave and all his toys. for normal people, the bridges and tunnels are the only way off. batman clearly could get there some other way, it really doesnt warrant explaining.he could have build the batcave to continue to monitor the situation & possibly return if needed; he clearly jst wasnt needed until bane.alfred probably knew about bane the same way everyone knows about him. the fbi clearly knew about him, and bruce had access to their filesrewatch it; its not as sloppy as you guys think

Edited by ExcelFTW

Well this Youtube sums up the Keaton/Bale Battle, lolhttp-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=3m5xGvkI2K8&feature=player_embedded

Yeah - I hated what Nolan did to his voice. Bale, like Keaton, and even the cartoon series, has Batman speak more gruffly. Nothing wrong with that - it's a way to disguise his voice. But in TDK, Nolan and crew did more tricks to his voice to sound even more gruff - and it failed, IMO.My favorite spoof of this horrid voice is this video (still makes me laugh):http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2yv8aT0UFc Edited by doctoru2

Anyone know how long the IMAX engagement lasts? I want to catch it for a last time before it leaves IMAX.

At my midnight screening, the theatre manager stated that TDKR would have IMAX to itself at that theatre (Houston Marq E) til October. Not sure how indicative that is of the rest of the country though.

At my midnight screening, the theatre manager stated that TDKR would have IMAX to itself at that theatre (Houston Marq E) til October. Not sure how indicative that is of the rest of the country though.

That is awesome. I'll probably have time to see it at least 6 or 7 times in IMAX if it's like that. Thanks.

and if bruce called, apologized, and begged for his help? like alfred would leave him out in the cold.and he being batman is a response. wayne manor is not located on the island. he had access to the cave and all his toys. for normal people, the bridges and tunnels are the only way off. batman clearly could get there some other way, it really doesnt warrant explaining.

Sorry, but that is just poor writing. Maybe it's satisfying for folks with lower intelligence, but not me. Edited by Noctis
  • Like 1

http://www.deadline....-than-avengers/

1. The Dark Knight Rises (Legendary/Warner Bros) NEW [4,404 Theaters]

Friday $77.2M, Weekend $170M

2. Ice Age 4 (Blue Sky/Fox) Week 2 [3,886 Theaters]

Friday $6.8M (-51%), Weekend $21.6M, Cume $90.1M

3. The Amazing Spider-Man (Columbia/Sony) Week 3 [3,753 Theaters]

Friday $3.3M, Weekend $11.4M, Cume $229.1M

4. Ted (MRC/Universal) Week 4 [3,214 Theaters]

Friday $3.1M, Weekend $10.2M, Cume $180.7M

5. Brave (Pixar/Disney) Week 5 [2,899 Theaters]

Friday $1.9M, Weekend $6.5M, Cume $209.3M

6. Magic Mike (Warner Bros) Week 4 [2,606 Theaters]

Friday $1.6M, Weekend $4.3M, Cume $102.1M

7. Savages (Universal) Week 3 [2,336 Theaters]

Friday $986K, Weekend $3.3M, Cume $40.0M

8. Madea’s Witness Protection (TPerry/Lionsgate) Week 4 [1,540 Theaters]

Friday $744K, Weekend $2.2M, Cume $60.3M

9. Moonrise Kingdom (Focus Features) Week 9 [895 Theaters]

Friday $551K, Weekend $1.9M, Cume $36.2M

10. Madagascar 3 (DreamWorks Anim/Par) Week 7 [1,261 Theaters]

Friday $447K, Weekend $1.5M, Cume $207.8M

*vomits*

I see from the posts that followed this that no one actually read this part:

In fact the entire moviegoing weekend should be up around +35% over last year

So more people went to the movies this weekend than last year...but some still want to claim the shootings kept people home?

It was not the shooting affecting the holdovers. A movie made $77.2M on Friday. One did not think that would affect holdovers?

Same thought here. When a movie has the 3rd biggest opening of all time....why would anyone be surprised when everything else takes a hit?