Cedarpoint1111

TDKR Weekend: $160.89M - #3 ALL TIME HIGHEST OW

Yeah, this has always been my feeling as well.

I have always been against death penalty, no matter how heinous the crime. Just killing the bastard is too easy for the criminal, he wont have to suffer years and years jail.. a much harder punishment IMO Edited by Jack Nevada

Under $30 million would not be disappointing....Its a huge number, but it certainly COULD have been higher. If it comes in under $30 million the odds of a $100 million OD will be tough, but not impossible

It's gone, no way it sells enough 2D tickets to bridge the gap to 100M.

I think we need to remember TA did get 62 million in non midnights but that is more around 54 million in 2D.TDK would be lukcy to get 60 million today and that gives 90 million.

How would it be "lucky" to do just 15% more than TDK in 2008 with significantly higher screen counts this go around?Not saying it will happen, but also not saying it won't.

Wow, the guy even has crazy eyes. This whole thing is just unbelievably sad. I'm still not sure if I want to watch the movie tomorrow morning. Our showing is sold out, so it won't be an empty theater. Theater holds 400+. Yet another "opportunity" if some crazy bastard wants to do something. Plus the movie is about a terrorist attacking innocent people, which isn't exactly something I want to watch after something like this happens in real life. As someone who was heavily anticipating this movie for at least 4 years and arguably 7 years, I'm just really bummed right now. :(

It's gone, no way it sells enough 2D tickets to bridge the gap to 100M.

Probably not. Just pointing out that at the end of the day its still possible, though improbable.That said, it bodes well for a strong run like TDK with a small Sunday drop. Leggy films are always more fun to track. Edited by lancer1997

As I have said, that would be letting him easy. Instead make him rot in prison for the rest of his life, much more unpleasant.

Yeah, you're right, this kind of guys don't care about life anyway..But he should be in one of these awful prisons in the US where some prisoners are raped by blacks and latinos B)

Looks like Kingwood either doesn't know and/or doesn't care because we sold out our first show this morning.

That's what I got from reading people's tweets.

Statement from one of the victim's brothers... chilling:

1015 (local): This is what I have been told by Brent, who was with my sister at the time of the shooting. This will be the only statement that I will make on the events surrounding what appears to be her death.Jessica and Brent were seated in the middle portion of the theatre when a device was thrown into the theatre that produced a “hissing” sound. The theatre than began to fill with smoke which is when patrons began to move from their seats. At that time, shots were fired. Brent and Jessica immediately dropped to a prone position for cover. Jessica advised multiple times for someone to call 911, which Brent immediately attempted to do. Brent then heard Jessica scream and noticed that she was struck by a round in the leg. Brent, began holding pressure on the wound and attempted to calm Jessica. It was at this time that Brent took a round to his lower extremities. While still administering first aid, Brent noticed that Jessica was no longer screaming. He advised that he looked over to Jessica and saw what appeared to be an entry wound to her head. He further stated that Jessica presented with agonal respirations. Brent then took what may have been his only chance to escape the line of fire and exited the structure where he then contacted my mother. Brent’s actions are nothing but heroic. The veracity of any other statements not issued by myself or Peter Burns should be questioned.

http://www.jordanghawi.com/denver-theatre-shooting-jessica-ghawi/ Edited by The aDIM Legacy

Probably not. Just pointing out that at the end of the day its still possible, though improbable.That said, it bodes well for a strong run like TDK with a small Sunday drop. Leggy films are always more fun to track.

I'm thinking between 12-13% for sunday.

Yeah, you're right, this kind of guys don't care about life anyway..But he should be in one of these awful prisons in the US where some prisoners are raped by blacks and latinos B)

Indeed. He deserves assrape.

Wow, the guy even has crazy eyes. This whole thing is just unbelievably sad. I'm still not sure if I want to watch the movie tomorrow morning. Our showing is sold out, so it won't be an empty theater. Theater holds 400+. Yet another "opportunity" if some crazy bastard wants to do something. Plus the movie is about a terrorist attacking innocent people, which isn't exactly something I want to watch after something like this happens in real life. As someone who was heavily anticipating this movie for at least 4 years and arguably 7 years, I'm just really bummed right now. :(

Just watch it.

I have always been against death penalty, no matter how heinous the crime. Just killing the bastard is too easy for the criminal, he wont have to suffer years and years jail.. a much harder punishment IMO

Prison for the entire life in the US is ok, but not in France.In France murderers go in prison for 30 or 40 years, if they are old or very ill they're free, terrible for families,..

Well judging from twitter and looking at fandango, I think the shooting will have very little affect on the OW. As I mentioned earlier, the only demographic that will probably change their plans is the family one. They will probably wait a few days or weeks.

• Like 2

You didn't answer guys...28-30m for TDKR would be a good number?

Of course. That's right around Eclipse territory....about the second best of all time.