Remembering CAYOM 1.0

• Community Manager

Also-Water Bottle got his first BP nomination in year 32 I believe. It was for Rebellion.

Didn't The Voyage or something get me my first BP nomination? Not sure. If I cared about the Oscars, I'd probably remember.

Yeah Ragdoll won aka the film that had no cast listed yet won actress :P I can name most of the winners, then again I know odd trivia about films as I said before I can name tons of Oscar winners...(I am a movie buff but I swear people think I'm an encyclopedia or something lol)

Ragdoll definitely had a cast listed. Sometimes my casts would be longer than my plots, but I assure you that there was ALWAYS a cast on my movies.
  • Like 1

Y29 - I made some pretty crappy films. I don't even want to think about Mallory Woodward.Y30 - Still not great, but I was getting there. Super Penguins :lol:Y31 - Made some pretty successful films, but not in the league of the big guys.Y32 - Same as alwaysY33 - Not as big, but most people liked The 1,000 Cranes. It also won me an oscar.Y34-Y36 - I don't really remember what I did that year.Y37 - I got to do actuals, and it was pretty fun.Y43 - Spark & The Simulation were well recieved. I've created newer (and better, IMO) versions of both for Y4.Y44 - Rom30 & Juliet - Successful, but got mixed reviews (Numbers completely trashed it - I should have drifted from the source material more.)

Edited by Spaghetti

Speaking of "the big guys", who could we classify as the big guys throughout the years? I think Numbers probably takes the lead mostly because he was one of the few "veteran big guys" to stay active in the latter years of the game. From my understanding, the early "big guys" (from like the first 10 years) were DIB and maybe Impact? and I don't know who else. Most were gone within the next decade, which brought Billy and Numbers (and Hunch emerged, but I don't think he was a big guy until the 20s). The Big Guys in the 20s...Numbers, Billy, Phil? (maybe he was before then), Hunch (I assume), Point? (maybe), Ry...not certain who else cause I didn't come in until really late in the 20s. The Big Guys in the 30s...Numbers, Ry, Hunch, Magpie, Creator, and briefly Billy. The Big Guys in the 40s...Numbers, me, Frank, Magpie? (perhaps, although he was only there for a couple years), and probably Ry.Overall Big Guys from all of CAYOM 1.0: (I'm going by who had the most BP noms)-Billy (had like 25+)-Numbers (had like 25+)-Phil (also 20 or more...I think)-Ry (also 20ish)-Hunch (nearly 20)-DIB (don't recall how many he had, but pretty high)And maybe Impact, myself, and Radier, as we each had around 15 BP nominations.Anyone else?EDIT: by "big guys" I'm talking about Oscar domination here.

Edited by The Creator

I was only referring to Oscar Star Players. I'm not certain about box-office because I don't even recall what most of the big blockbusters were in the years I played, and I definitely don't know of movie grosses prior to Year 27, for the most part.In that department, I had only 2 400 million+ films in all my 19 CAYOM years, about 10 300 million+, and more than 40 200 million+ movies. Domestically, that is.

Edited by The Creator

I think Ry had the overall BP nom lead still. I think I had passed Billy sometime in the early 40s.I can't recall everything, but I think when BOM crashed I had over half of all the 500+ million grossers. 4 Hartwick films and a Star Wars film (The final film in the KOTOR trilogy Billy started and I finished). The others in that group that I remember were RIB, Joshua, and I think Metal Gear Solid IV.

So many memories....the Oscars in the late 10s/early 20s were such an event. I remember I was so excited when Ravnica swept the tech awards...to correct Ueka, I had BP noms in Years 17, 18 and had several 300m+ grossers by then so that's sort of when I became a major player. I think my biggest achievement was getting the most #1's in the critical consensus (around 9 or 10 I think....Urza's Last Conquest, 9/11, Phyrexian Wars, Broken Childhoods, In Foreign Waters, Crusader, Marilyn, Kronstadt, The White Tomb...those I'm pretty certain of but I might have a few wrong/missing a few).