mmacader

Wednesday (7/25/12) Numbers: TDKR @ $13.77m

WB is licking their chops to put a Batman movie in 3D, especially in overseas markets. They will have 3 objectives at the top of the list for the reboot:1. Put it in 3D.2. Give Batman 30 minutes or more of screentime instead of 15 minutes.3. Make the film 125 minutes instead of 165 minutes.

1. Since when did you become a fan of 3D? lol2. Bruce Wayne is more interesting and more relatable protagonist than Batman, I didn't mind watching a film about him.3. Long runtime doesn't hurt the box office, if the film has a story to tell. Avatar, Titanic, ROTK were all pretty long.
  • Like 1

1. Since when did you become a fan of 3D? lol2. Bruce Wayne is more interesting and more relatable protagonist than Batman, I didn't mind watching a film about him.3. Long runtime doesn't hurt the box office, if the film has a story to tell. Avatar, Titanic, ROTK were all pretty long.

RTX, those are not my requests. I hate 3D. I'm making assumptions about what WB will want in the film based on financial aspects (3D) and storytelling aspects that some are complaining about with Rises (too long and not enough Batman). WB is a very cynical studio. Look what they did with Batman Forever in response to Batman Returns being "too dark" for Happy Meals at McDonald's. I would fully expect them to make the reboot more commercially friendly than what Nolan did with it.

3. Long runtime doesn't hurt the box office, if the film has a story to tell. Avatar, Titanic, ROTK were all pretty long.

Exactly.I got more of a story from any 5 minutes of TDKR than I did the entire 150minutes of ROTF!That being said, I still love TF2 and could watch it over and over again!

Re: 3D - It should be noted that it was probably up to Nolan as he no doubt had almost complete control over the project and he's been adamant about not liking 3D...As for the numbers, not sure why people are getting all depressed. Yes, it sucks but given the circumstances, not sure why anyone is surprised. For me, this weekend will tell the story.

Edited by TheMovieman

Everyone should read thishttp://www.latimes.com/entertainment/envelope/cotown/la-et-ct-box-office-watch-dark-knight-rises-20120726,0,697006.story

A poll taken by a major Hollywood market research firm showed that on Monday, 25% of moviegoers were reluctant to head to theaters but that number had declined to 20% by Thursday.That is likely to affect the grosses of "Dark Knight" and all other current releases.

After opening with a massive $160.9 million last weekend in the wake of the tragedy, "The Dark Knight Rises" is expected to take in an additional $65 million to $70 million this round, according to those who have seen pre-release audience surveys.

everyone put this in their head Edited by Hasan Ahmad
  • Like 1

RTX, those are not my requests. I hate 3D. I'm making assumptions about what WB will want in the film based on financial aspects (3D) and storytelling aspects that some are complaining about with Rises (too long and not enough Batman). WB is a very cynical studio. Look what they did with Batman Forever in response to Batman Returns being "too dark" for Happy Meals at McDonald's. I would fully expect them to make the reboot more commercially friendly than what Nolan did with it.

Shit... Now you got me really worried with possible future BF and B&R (big ass commercials for Micky d's and toys) :D jkBut I do not want another origin either as I also consider BB as one of the, if not the greatest origin story (for me not just comic story but overall fiction) in the history of cinemas. I didn't see it in the theater but saw it on DVD. That's when I actually started having respect for Nolan.I think the incredible hulk had a smooth opening scene where it told banner's origin in a few minutes. I'd rather see that than another origin story.

Shit... Now you got me really worried with possible future BF and B&R (big ass commercials for Micky d's and toys) :D jkBut I do not want another origin either as I also consider BB as one of the, if not the greatest origin story (for me not just comic story but overall fiction) in the history of cinemas. I didn't see it in the theater but saw it on DVD. That's when I actually started having respect for Nolan.I think the incredible hulk had a smooth opening scene where it told banner's origin in a few minutes. I'd rather see that than another origin story.

The difficult thing about doing it through a credits sequence is that Batman's origin is tragic. He isn't created through some freak scientific accident, he's created through the most painful moment imaginable. A credits sequence for this would have to be handled very well for the audience to buy into it.And I agree about the BB origin. First hour of that movie is amazing. Feels like something out of Greek mythology.

That's very true. I just dont think it would be smart to use half of the movie doing the origin story when there is already BB that done it perfectly. All the scenes with Bruce and Thomas (then Alfred comforting Bruce) made my heart ache like shit. Those were really really emotional and well done (when the scene wih Thomas going down the well showed up in TDKR, I got a bit emotional lol )Hopefully they can find a way to make it work.I believe they can if they can get a stellar production team. It's gonna be wicked hard though.

That's very true. I just dont think it would be smart to use half of the movie doing the origin story when there is already BB that done it perfectly. All the scenes with Bruce and Thomas (then Alfred comforting Bruce) made my heart ache like shit. Those were really really emotional and well done (when the scene wih Thomas going down the well showed up in TDKR, I got a bit emotional lol )Hopefully they can find a way to make it work.I believe they can if they can get a stellar production team. It's gonna be wicked hard though.

It's not just the stuff with his dad, it's also the moments with Alfred, Gordon, Loeb, and Earle. Caine's acting was perfect when he's consoling young Bruce. The contrast between Gordon, Loeb, and Earle is important. Gordon is the only one other than Alfred who cares about how Bruce is feeling. The others are focused on other things. Loeb is focused on busting the bad guy. Earle is focused on Bruce's financial empire.

They couldn't have revealed Bruce's identity to Gordon in a better way. The flashback to that scene in Begins made me tear up.

• Like 1

It's not just the stuff with his dad, it's also the moments with Alfred, Gordon, Loeb, and Earle. Caine's acting was perfect when he's consoling young Bruce. The contrast between Gordon, Loeb, and Earle is important. Gordon is the only one other than Alfred who cares about how Bruce is feeling. The others are focused on other things. Loeb is focused on busting the bad guy. Earle is focused on Bruce's financial empire.

They couldn't have revealed Bruce's identity to Gordon in a better way. The flashback to that scene in Begins made me tear up.

When he uttered his name... My heart took a right upper cut ol

it makes sense that Gordon unknowingly showed Bruce anyone can be a hero (batman)

A lot of reviewers always said Lucius and Alfred were bruce's father figure (very true) but i also saw gordon as a similar figure because of BB (he is mostly seen as a friend/partner, which is very true as well).The actors just freaking nailed these emotional scenes.