baumer

Weekend Estimates TDKR 62.84 IA4 13.3 TW 13 SU4 11.8

If that 17m figure is correct then BKB should be unbanned. I know the last thing everyone wants is someone rubbing TDKR's disappointing performance in people's faces however with 8 months of the BKB rants, I think he deserves to say to everyone.... I told you so.

• Like 1

If that 17m figure is correct then BKB should be unbanned. I know the last thing everyone wants is someone rubbing TDKR's disappointing performance in people's faces however with 8 months of the BKB rants, I think he deserves to say to everyone.... I told you so.

Fuck that...he doesn't get to gloat because some insane asshole went on a mass murdering rampage.
  • Like 4

The Spiderman brand was already going downhill, and with Spiderman 3 being the most recent film I really don't think Spider-Man ever had a chance. Now if it had been 20 years since any Spiderman film had been out, then yes, I would say 400 would be a possibility.I always thought even 300M would be a stretch.

Me too. I always thought ASM wouldn't hit 300M.People HATED SM3. There was always going drop after such a sucky movie.

Also that TDKR under HG thread doesn't count, this is a unique situation when it comes to Box Office. People are really still scared to go to the movies. As I said last night, "The Watch" always looked corny to me, I'm not shocked it's flopping. Step Up has it's audience, frontloaded or not. Overall shaping up to be a terrible weekend.

• Like 3

BKB was right for all the wrong reasons. He never saw this happening that way it did. So no, he must stay banned. I still say it should have been forever, and not just 6 months.
  • Like 1

Also that TDKR under HG thread doesn't count, this is a unique situation when it comes to Box Office. People are really still scared to go to the movies. As I said last night, "The Watch" always looked corny to me, I'm not shocked it's flopping. Step Up has it's audience, frontloaded or not. Overall shaping up to be a terrible weekend.

Ray NEEDS to put an (*) by TDKR when its run is over. :batman:

Oh, I know TDKR still has a chance. But it's no longer a given anymore.

I would still say it's a given, it would have to have bad dailies & high weekend drops for it to miss that!

The Spiderman brand was already going downhill, and with Spiderman 3 being the most recent film I really don't think Spider-Man ever had a chance. Now if it had been 20 years since any Spiderman film had been out, then yes, I would say 400 would be a possibility.I always thought even 300M would be a stretch.

Spidey brand sales wise was going downhill since Spidey 1...each film decreased in attendance.Hope TASM2 will reverse the trend. He's still my fav superhero.

Fuck that...he doesn't get to gloat because some insane asshole went on a mass murdering rampage.

Yes he does. His numbers were closer than any others on this site, shootings or not, he was near spot on with both this and avengers
  • Like 1

Amazing how the media was able to turn the most anticipated movie in ages in to a pseudo-pariah in matter of hours.

People would have been scared after hearing the news and there would have been a small drop anyway. The media just made the drops worse by showing the shooting nonstop on every news program.

Ray NEEDS to put an (*) by TDKR when its run is over. :batman:

What's scary is it seems the Fanboys watching it mutiple times is the only thing keeping it aflout right now. I was feeling it lost 20-30 Million cause of the shooting but now it seems it may lose even more over it's entire run. This thing isn't just affecting it's OW, it's effecting TDKR entire run. Sad. It's like people are associating the film with shooting to the point they may feel it's bad luck to watch "THIS" particular movie but then in turn they aren't going to the theater at all. This guy just really not only messed up lives but he's made people actually paranoid to go to a crowded theater. My little brother who's seen many midnights with me told me straight up he's never going to a midnight or night show again. He's only doing afternoon shows. And he won't see a movie on opening day again. That's how much the shooting messed with him. This whole thing is sad and my worst fears are happening.

7/27/12 Friday: 17M. Total Gross = 242M7/28/12 Saturday: 21M. Total Gross = 263M7/29/12 Sunday: 17M.  Total Gross = 280M7/30/12 Monday: 11M. Total Gross = 291M7/31/12 Tuesday: 9M. Total Gross = 300M8/1/12 Wednesday: 5M. Total Gross = 305M8/2/12 Thursday: 4M. Total Gross = 309MNext weekend it will compete vs Total Recall8/3/12 Friday: 7M. Total Gross = 316M8/4/12 Saturday: 10M. Total Gross = 326M8/5/12 Sunday: 7M. Total Gross = 333M (24M 3rd wkd)8/6/12 Monday: 4M8/7/12 Tuesday: 3M8/8/12 Weds: 2M8/9/12 Thursday: 2M. Total Gross = 344MCompeting vs campaign/Bourne 4th Weekend8/10/12 Friday: 4M8/11/12 Saturday: 6M8/12/12 Sunday: 4M (14M 4th wknd)Total gross: 358M