baumer

Weekend Estimates TDKR 62.84 IA4 13.3 TW 13 SU4 11.8

About an hour I came back from riding my bike, and it was hot as hall outside. As a fat person I of course started sweating, my face glistening and shit. I had to stop by a store to buy something to drink, and there was a huge line. I just stood there in the line for 15 minutes, in all my fat, sweaty, shit smelling, glistening glory. :wacko:

Posted Image
  • Like 1

Like your club.Some had it even higher. TA made people rise their predictions and ignore common sense (no 3D, very difficult to improve on TDK, which was already the perfect storm).

My club is fine. It's not a failure, not a success, it's in the limbo, we don't know what could have happened. Same goes for TDKR's total.

What's scary is it seems the Fanboys watching it mutiple times is the only thing keeping it aflout right now. I was feeling it lost 20-30 Million cause of the shooting but now it seems it may lose even more over it's entire run. This thing isn't just affecting it's OW, it's effecting TDKR entire run. Sad. It's like people are associating the film with shooting to the point they may feel it's bad luck to watch "THIS" particular movie but then in turn they aren't going to the theater at all. This guy just really not only messed up lives but he's made people actually paranoid to go to a crowded theater. My little brother who's seen many midnights with me told me straight up he's never going to a midnight or night show again. He's only doing afternoon shows. And he won't see a movie on opening day again. That's how much the shooting messed with him. This whole thing is sad and my worst fears are happening.

Or maybe WOM has kicked in and it's just not that good a movie. Maybe the over long film, the lack of the Joker, no controversial death of one of its high profile cast members, no performance of a lifetime from one of its cast members, the fact that its depressing, makes no sense in some parts, has everyone talking like they are a hybrid of Freud and Socrates, boring in some parts, has an inaudible villain at times, has Alfred crying every other scene and just lacks all the charm and fun of the first two Nolan Batman films, these could be the reasons it is not doing well. Call me crazy, I know. Edited by Baumer Rises
  • Like 7

Or maybe WOM has kicked in and it's just not that good a movie. Maybe the over long film, the lack of the Joker, no controversial death of one of its high profile cast members, no performance of a lifetime from one of its cast members, the fact that its depressing, makes no sense in some parts, has everyone talking like they are a hybrid of Freud and Socrates, boring in some parts, has an inaudible villain at times, has Alfred crying every other scene and just lacks all the charm and fun of the first two Nolan Batman films, these could be the reasons it is not doing well.

• Like 1

Or maybe WOM has kicked in and it's just not that good a movie. Maybe the over long film, the lack of the Joker, no controversial death of one of its high profile cast members, no performance of a lifetime from one of its cast members, the fact that its depressing, makes no sense in some parts, has everyone talking like they are a hybrid of Freud and Socrates, boring in some parts, has an inaudible villain at times, has Alfred crying every other scene and just lacks all the charm and fun of the first two Nolan Batman films, these could be the reasons it is not doing well. Call me crazy, I know.

YOU ARE CRAZY!!!! :P

Or maybe WOM has kicked in and it's just not that good a movie. Maybe the over long film, the lack of the Joker, no controversial death of one of its high profile cast members, no performance of a lifetime from one of its cast members, the fact that its depressing, makes no sense in some parts, has everyone talking like they are a hybrid of Freud and Socrates, boring in some parts, has an inaudible villain at times, has Alfred crying every other scene and just lacks all the charm and fun of the first two Nolan Batman films, these could be the reasons it is not doing well. Call me crazy, I know.

LOL, TDK is just as guilty (if not even MORE guilty) of philosophical dialogue. Hell, 90% of the shit that the Joker says is philosophical speechifying.

Yep, it is my opinion, but it is obviously shared by a growing number of people. A 76% drop this Friday is not a result of people staying away from the theater because of the shooting, it's people staying away because of a number of reasons, and one very big one has to be because it's just not that great a film.

Yep, it is my opinion, but it is obviously shared by a growing number of people. A 76% drop this Friday is not a result of people staying away from the theater because of the shooting, it's people staying away because of a number of reasons, and one very big one has to be because it's just not that great a film.

Some are still staying away because of the shooting. About 20-25%, to be exact. Edited by CJohn

Yeah, there are a lot of factors at play, but I have to believe that if it truly had fantastic WOM, it would get butts in the seats regardless of external factors. Even ones as severe as what happened last week.

LOL, TDK is just as guilty (if not even MORE guilty) of philosophical dialogue. Hell, 90% of the shit that the Joker says is philosophical speechifying.

Let's just say I agree with you. The difference is TDK had so much more going for it than TDKR. Every scene with the Joker had you glued to the screen. You smiled, you laughed and you were entertained. Heath made him that way. There is none of that here. The only moment that came slightly close to anything the Joker did in TDK was when Bane said to Bruce, "When Gotham is in ashes, you have my permission to die." For one brief moment I had a spark again, like in TDK, but the rest is just too bloated and serious.