baumer

Weekend Estimates TDKR 62.84 IA4 13.3 TW 13 SU4 11.8

While I haven't been convinced yet that Friday with actually will wind up at 18m , asuming it does at present I'll go with sat being bet 24.8-26 see later if I think it will differ, SUP4 looking to be under Fri and Watch get slight bump

That would be freaking awesome jump on Saturday. Finally, some good news.

I like the synergy of the Marvel films. You keep bringing up this Iron Man thing, but it's a non-issue. Superheroes don't die, and if they do die, they are revived or replaced with a "similar model." So, whether or not IM3 was announced before Avengers is irrelevant. The existence of IM3 isn't spoiling anything. Superheroes don't die.

Sure they do. Happens in the comics occasionally. I would at least prefer to not be completely taken out of the film thinking, "Wait a second, I was just reading about the Iron Man 3 project a couple weeks ago. RDJ is in it as Stark." If they're in the same universe (which they are), then to me they've undermined their own storytelling. That's why I love the first Iron Man film above all the other Marvel films. Its primary focus was telling Tony's story and it did a wonderful job of that.

I like the synergy of the Marvel films. You keep bringing up this Iron Man thing, but it's a non-issue. Superheroes don't die, and if they do die, they are revived or replaced with a "similar model." So, whether or not IM3 was announced before Avengers is irrelevant. The existence of IM3 isn't spoiling anything. Superheroes don't die.

Even when they do die, it's never permanent. They'll be revived, or rebooted, or Life Model Decoyed back into existence.

Woah, $25m Saturday is in play? To misquote Commissioner Gordon, it's the increase we deserve AND the one we need right now. :P

Yep, finally a number that will put a smile on fanbase's face. 40% jump on Saturday, clearly Olympic opening ceremony had deflated Friday. We're looking at 62-63M weekend. :D :D :D

Sure they do. Happens in the comics occasionally. I would at least prefer to not be completely taken out of the film thinking, "Wait a second, I was just reading about the Iron Man 3 project a couple weeks ago. RDJ is in it as Stark." If they're in the same universe (which they are), then to me they've undermined their own storytelling. That's why I love the first Iron Man film above all the other Marvel films. Its primary focus was telling Tony's story and it did a wonderful job of that.

I know this. Hence the part where I said revived or replaced, especially where the major characters are involved (i.e., the ones that show up in movies). As for your other point, I understand what you are saying; I just don't agree.

80m-dollar slo-mo style-over-substance crap. Snyder's direction in Watchmen was crap too, and the only reason the film, as a whole, didnt turn out to be a complete shit, was because the original comics provided a good story in the first place.

Is it wrong if I find more substance in Sucker Punch than Inception? Because I do.

Wow that's quite the Sat increase! Can we please lay the argument to rest now: The opening ceremony did affect the Friday box office.

Yes, going to be interesting to see the jumps for everything today. Didn't Ted basically escape it compared to everything else yesterday? I wonder if that one will still be able to increase a ton even with the good Friday increase.

Wow that's quite the Sat increase! Can we please lay the argument to rest now: The opening ceremony did affect the Friday box office.

Maybe everybody heard about Michael Phelps and bailed out :lol: