baumer

Weekend Estimates TDKR 62.84 IA4 13.3 TW 13 SU4 11.8

Of course $400m isn't a certainty, but stuff evens out in the end. The movie has external BS going on during both of its first two weekends. Eventually it'll have some more normal weekends.

Hopefully, you're right.

Of course $400m isn't a certainty, but stuff evens out in the end. The movie has external BS going on during both of its first two weekends. Eventually it'll have some more normal weekends.

In hindsight I wonder if TDKR's release date was that smart? It really makes you realize why that first weekend of May is still the most coveted release date of summer.

Some of you guys are overreacting (as usual). The Olympics really did have an impact tonight. This is still doing 400+m.

Ok. We need a calming influence in here.

I can smile now.

Posted Image

In hindsight I wonder if TDKR's release date was that smart? It really makes you realize why that first weekend of May is still the most coveted release date of summer.

I think someone at WB is in hot water over it right now, assuming Rth's number happens. I was saying a couple months ago that they should have moved it up to Wednesday, but I didn't even realize at the time that the Olympics were the following Friday. That makes moving it to Wednesday even smarter, since then you pad yourself a bit against the Olympics situation on the second Friday. Right now they're looking at a drop that takes the full brunt of $30m in midnights plus the Olympics effect at the same time. At least if you moved it to Wednesday, you get rid of the midnight issue and you even give the film a couple more days. In this case, who knows how the shooting is affecting it day by day. Sad thing is, I also wonder if moving it to Wednesday would have changed the outcome of the shooting. Little things like that can sometimes have huge consequences. Maybe if the release date moved, somehow the guy gets busted and isn't able to harm those people.
  • Like 1