baumer

Weekend Estimates TDKR 62.84 IA4 13.3 TW 13 SU4 11.8

BKB is completely harmless. More than that he's very funny.

:bravo: :wub:BKB should come back. He is vindicated. This thing is falling like a rock and it obviously isn`t just shooting to blame anymore. The movie just didn`t live up to expectations and TA is way better.
  • Like 1

BKB brings it upon himself. That simple. If he could play nice with others, he'd be more well-liked.And less reported, for that matter.Its naive to think he doesn't push people's buttons on purpose.

Not trying to get a disagreement going here but I personally think BKB's opinion on film is what rubs people the wrong way. If he gushed over all the films that everyone seems to like here, I don't think he'd be nearly as disliked. But he has disparaging things to say about a lot of the popular films here and for some reason people get offended by that.
  • Like 1

It's amazing how many people outside of the United States are so out of touch with how much the shooting is negatively impacting TDKR and the box office overall. EVERY movie is down, EVERY movie is being hurt, drops last weekend (and maybe this) were terrible, The Watch is bombing horribly (more so than a normal bombing), this is not simply a case of "well maybe people just don't like TDKR that much and it's not getting good wom", those comments are based on personal feelings about the movie and being out of touch about the shootings and not understanding the impact it's having. (yesterday was also partly cause of olympics opening ceremony...still completely unrelated to bad wom, and impacted all movies)

I think the Watch would have bombed no matter the climate

Yaaay. :mellow:

And well on its way to beating every non-Joker Batman movie by a considerable margin in admissions. Considering none of those other films had a mass shooting during their opening night, I'd say this is a pretty good result. Other people got their expectations way out of whack due to TDK's success, but the history of the franchise is there to be studied. Folks ignored it. Too bad for you guys. Doesn't make this a bad result when put in the correct perspective.
  • Like 3

• Founder / Operator

Hard to compare 9/11's effect on movies versus this shooting. The former may have been an even bigger national event, but it also didn't directly relate to a movie theater -- and it was during one of the deadest parts of the movie-going season anyway. I think we see a much clearer effect from the shooting given its relationship to the situation.

• Like 1

Not trying to get a disagreement going here but I personally think BKB's opinion on film is what rubs people the wrong way. If he gushed over all the films that everyone seems to like here, I don't think he'd be nearly as disliked. But he has disparaging things to say about a lot of the popular films here and for some reason people get offended by that.

You also like lots of movies that almost nobody here likes, or dislike lots of franchises that most here like, and people don't seem to be offended by you.Because you are not a bitch saying the same thing over and over again and not even reading other people's posts. Lots of times I was giving my opinion to BKB and agreeing on lots of things, and in the next post he was saying that I was wrong. WTF I was agreeing with him, how was I wrong?! That means that he believed he was also wrong?! The guy was a mess...

And well on its way to beating every non-Joker Batman movie by a considerable margin in admissions. Considering none of those other films had a mass shooting during their opening night, I'd say this is a pretty good result. Other people got their expectations way out of whack due to TDK's success, but the history of the franchise is there to be studied. Folks ignored it. Too bad for you guys. Doesn't make this a bad result when put in the correct perspective.

enough, it is clearly now this movie is being hurt by numerous external factors. Sure it might still be a "great gross", but it is not hard or wrong to be disappointed since clearly there was potential for so much more

The Watch looks like it should do better but look at Vaughn's last film, The Dilemma, it opened to 17 mill and Stillers last one, with Eddie Murphy Tower Heist opened to 24 mill. So 15 mill is lower than these, but is it the shooting or just that the trailers were not that good?

You also like lots of movies that almost nobody here likes, or dislike lots of franchises that most here like, and people don't seem to be offended by you.Because you are not a bitch saying the same thing over and over again and not even reading other people's posts. Lots of times I was giving my opinion to BKB and agreeing on lots of things, and in the next post he was saying that I was wrong. WTF I was agreeing with him, how was I wrong?! That means that he believed he was also wrong?! The guy was a mess...

Yes, you are correct. I have to agree with you there. BKB is aggressive and he gets under people's skin a lot. Maybe he doesn't bug me so I don't see it from everyone else's point of view, and maybe I should.

The Watch looks like it should do better but look at Vaughn's last film, The Dilemma, it opened to 17 mill and Stillers last one, with Eddie Murphy Tower Heist opened to 24 mill. So 15 mill is lower than these, but is it the shooting or just that the trailers were not that good?

Did you saw any Tv Spots? What a mess of a marketing campaign. That shit made no sense! It just had random explosions and Stiller making one or two unfunny jokes. See this one, for example:http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXMqQl3nTWA&feature=youtu.be Edited by CJohn

• Founder / Operator

If people disliked a member solely for having a different opinion, we'd have to ban half the board. BKB's problem isn't having a different opinion, its being an intentionally negative person that doesn't contribute anything constructive to a conversation.
  • Like 1

Hard to compare 9/11's effect on movies versus this shooting. The former may have been an even bigger national event, but it also didn't directly relate to a movie theater -- and it was during one of the deadest parts of the movie-going season anyway. I think we see a much clearer effect from the shooting given its relationship to the situation.

It's weird that 2001 still ended up one of the biggest ticket selling years ever.

Did you saw any Tv Spots? What a mess of a marketing campaign. That shit made no sense! It just had random explosions and Stiller making one or two jokes. See this one, for example:http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXMqQl3nTWA&feature=youtu.be

That was pretty nonsensical.