baumer

Weekend Estimates TDKR 62.84 IA4 13.3 TW 13 SU4 11.8

Aside from this Joker effect, which I'm not sure I agree with, there is also the "the third movie in a trilogy usually doesn't make the most money between the three movies" effect :PIn all seriousness though, that's actually a thing. It's a very rare thing for the third movie in a trilogy to be the highest grossing movie.

Third movie is rarely as good as the other two.

I'll agree with what was said about the joker. I'm not sure joker is more popular than batman domestically, but he is easily the most popular comic villain ever, and possibly the most iconic, sought after live action villain besides lecter and vader. Anyone who reads the comics know there's few better examples of ying and yang like those two. Plus, the joker is the easiest to market as well. If the next batman is in 3D and the joker is written and executed well by who plays him, whatever opening weekend there is at the time could be in jeopardy.

Opening weekend record you say? I don't agree that a reboot will do gangbusters OW, but I still think it can perform as much as the most successful reboots do, maybe even better. Make a reboot having Batman TAS as inspiration and develop the story as much as the recent TASM, BB and IM, and then we are talking about sequels going gangbusters.

It's time to let Paul Dini, Bruce Timm and Brad Bird to come out and play with Gotham City, Warner.

So do you expect a hugely anticipated movie to not have a few minor complaints about it on the Internet?I don't know, B. No one is saying WOM is necssarily on par with TDK, but you almost make it sound like its on the level of something like Spider-Man 3.Good word of mouth is good word of mouth, and this film has it. It doesn't have to be "OMG THE BESTEST EVERZ!!!" to be qualified as such. Every movie has its detractors -- that includes Batman Begins and TDK themselves.

I don't think that at all Shawn. I think the wom is good and to many it is amazing. But there is enough wrong with the film that is preventing a majority of the audience from loving it. You can have a good film, but not a great one. I think that is where we are at with this one.

No offense but I don't understand the hunger for rapid reboots. If I was a DC fan (and I'm not by any means) I'd rather they expand their horizons by bringing more of their characters to the screen as opposed to constantly recycling Batman. Unless you get to the point where a Batman film (or say an Iron-man film etc) is like a Bond film. No multi-film story arcs....and no more origins. Just good stories told well in a single film with established characters.

Ehhh.. a lot of people, not necessarily fanboys, were predicting 400M

400 is a lock and I'd say more than 95% of the summer game players predicted at least 450 mill for TDKR....one sec.

Not one of the 54 players in the summer game went under 400:ake Gittes - $545.2MThe Dark Alfred - $538MBK007 - $535MChewy - $520MrockNrollaDIM - $520MJunkshop36 - $512MImpact - $510.5MTylerDurden365 - $510MSixteen16 - $507.6MCrusader - $505Macsc1312 - $504MGoffe - $503.5MXenoZodiac - $500MVanilla - $500MGoffe Rises - $498.5MDar - $495MThe Dark Zombie Rises - $489MNarniadis- $485MKayumanggi - $484MPhillip - $477.3MThe Iceroll Games - $475MTownzy89 - $475MBrand New Rises - $475MDav - $475M24Lost - $475MShawnMR - $475MSims - $470MTower - $470MGizmo - $469MBed005 - $468MNeo - $465MFake - $465MSpaghetti - $460MBaumer - $459.5MCJohn - $459MMovieMan89 - $458MGopher - $458MJohnnY - $457MAriadne - $455MAccursed Arachnid - $454MJamesFord92 - $453MJajang - $451.8MCEDAR - $450MMichael G Scott - $450Mlaguy03 - $450MKDS - $445MEmpireStrikesBack - $442MInFamous - $441.3MTotem - $440MKatyperry - $440MTawasal - $434.8MDexter of Suburbia - $415MLilmac - $415MHallowed Prince - $410M

400 is a lock and I'd say more than 95% of the summer game players predicted at least 450 mill for TDKR....one sec.

Not a lock, at all. It needs to stabilize and have a good drop next weekend or passing THG might be a struggle.

No offense but I don't understand the hunger for rapid reboots. If I was a DC fan (and I'm not by any means) I'd rather they expand their horizons by bringing more of their characters to the screen as opposed to constantly recycling Batman. Unless you get to the point where a Batman film (or say an Iron-man film etc) is like a Bond film. No multi-film story arcs....and no more origins. Just good stories told well in a single film with established characters.

I want Batman to be a Bond-esque franchise, and I wouldn't be surprised if WB wants the same thing. With Bond, they have the same producers involved for every movie but different actors, directors, and stories. You could do the same thing with Bruce Timm and Paul Dini as the producers and a revolving crew of talented actors, directors, and writers.

Can someone give me the lInk for the gif that was posted in some tdkr thread with Alfred and dicaprio from django unchained nodding back? I thought it was funny and wanted to show my friends. Do u guys know what I am talking about? Thanks.

Edited by Sali

Can someone give me the lInk for the gif that was posted in some tdkr thread with Alfred and dicaprio from django unchained nodding back? I thought it was funny and wanted to show my friends. Do u guys know what I am talking about? Thanks.

Posted Image

Not a lock, at all. It needs to stabilize and have a good drop next weekend or passing THG might be a struggle.

I personally can't see a scenario where it misses 400. It'll be at 283 or so by the end of the weekend. I highly doubt it falls another 55% next weekend. So imo, 400 is very very likely.

I want Batman to be a Bond-esque franchise, and I wouldn't be surprised if WB wants the same thing. With Bond, they have the same producers involved for every movie but different actors, directors, and stories. You could do the same thing with Bruce Timm and Paul Dini as the producers and a revolving crew of talented actors, directors, and writers.

And considering Batman already had its Roger Moore era hopefully future films can be on par with the Nolan era even if they are lighter in tone

Forget Bond-esque franchise, that's not what you truly want. I know you are saying this because it's easier to the mainstream audience to understand, but what you want is what I want. Batman TAS coming to life. And that's a sensibility in TASM that people are overlooking. If the Batman reboot is a clean slate, inspired more in making Batman TAS than Bond or Nolan, if TASM keeps a platform for next trilogies, we can have our serialized ongoing cinematic universe going, but the "villain du jour" approach of Bond isn't really what we want. Focus on Batman TAS and something like Sensational Spider-Man for these characters, thinking that from time to time is okay to have flashbacks of what made them what they are, and you are going the right path.