CJohn

Weekend (8/10-12/12) Estimates: Bourne Legacy 40.3M; Campaign 27.4M; Hope Springs 15.6M

Holy Crap! Flixster went down to 70 just that fast. It was at 76 a couple of hours ago.And RT is at 51.Question: RT gave a consensus at 64%. Will they change it now its all the way down to 51%.

Holy Crap! Flixster went down to 70 just that fast. It was at 76 a couple of hours ago.

And RT is at 51.

Question: RT gave a consensus at 64%. Will they change it now its all the way down to 51%.

Probably not.

"Finally, Sony Pictures opened Meryl Streep’s latest adult fare Hope Springs midweek to get out in front of this weekend’s clutter. Good strategy because it posted numbers bigger than the studio’s own Total Recall – $2.2M Wednesday and $2.1M Thursday. It’s doing $4M-$5M today and likely $12M this weekend for a possible cume near $165M. More later."

There is so much confusion here. I won't even try to understand this part.

Edited by CJohn

The Dark Hope Springs Rises

Hope Springsmidweek to get out in front of this weekend’s clutter. Good strategy because it posted numbers bigger than the studio’s own Total Recall – $2.2M Wednesday and $2.1M Thursday. It’s doing $4M-$5M today and likely $12M this weekend for a possible cume near $165M. More later.

:rofl: Oh Nikke!

Holy Crap! Flixster went down to 70 just that fast. It was at 76 a couple of hours ago.And RT is at 51.Question: RT gave a consensus at 64%. Will they change it now its all the way down to 51%.

I never really thought it would be 'bad' movie per say, just a generic action film. This hate is surprising me!

18m is a crazy good OD for TBL. I wouldn't be surprised to see immediate WOM kick in tomorrow though and a good Sat decrease.

Yeah, this isn't 2000 or even 2008. Twitter has grown so much over the last few years, WOM spreads instantly. No way of hiding your film's quality for an entire weekend like Sony did with SM3 in 2007. If WOM is as bad as Twitter and Flixster seem to indicate, it wouldn't be surprising if this is very frontloaded over the weekend.

I never really thought it would be 'bad' movie per say, just a generic action film. This hate is surprising me!

It is a boring movie with no action, according to people that have see it.And apparently, according to Nikki, Hope Springs is a fucking beast that it is approaching 165M!

"Finally, Sony Pictures opened Meryl Streep’s latest adult fare Hope Springs midweek to get out in front of this weekend’s clutter. Good strategy because it posted numbers bigger than the studio’s own Total Recall – $2.2M Wednesday and $2.1M Thursday. It’s doing $4M-$5M today and likely $12M this weekend for a possible cume near $165M. More later."

There is so much confusion here. I won't even try to understand this part.

Posted Image
  • Like 1

Nikki's lowballing Springs' 3-day portion. If it gets just $4M, it will get in the $13M range in its 3day portion with $17-18M in 5-days. For movie skewed mostly older, pretty impressive.

It's perfectly acceptable, but considering the Steep/TLJ combo, good reviews, and the relative starvation of movies for the older crowd this summer I expected better.

It's perfectly acceptable, but considering the Steep/TLJ combo, good reviews, and the relative starvation of movies for the older crowd this summer I expected better.

Its cinemascore is B. Audience didn't like it very much.