CJohn

Weekend (8/10-12/12) Estimates: Bourne Legacy 40.3M; Campaign 27.4M; Hope Springs 15.6M

Wanting? Are you sure you watched the movie? They did much more then "wanting."

Are you actually trying to argue with me that anyone under 40 will relate to an entire movie that's about two 60 somethings trying to figure out how they can have sex or even touch each other after years of no intimacy in their marriage? That's hilarious if you are! :lol:

But they already had over 1.5 million followers BEFORE the new Bourne movie, that's my point, it's "likes" throughout the years for ALL bourne movies including the new one. So Sparkle's total is impressive compared to ALL the 4 movie Bourne FRANCHISE.

:rofl: It is 25% of Bourne.. Not impressive at all. Set your sights lower.

Are you actually trying to argue with me that anyone under 40 will relate to an entire movie that's about two 60 somethings trying to figure out how they can have sex or even touch each other after years of no intimacy in their marriage? That's hilarious if you are! :lol:

No, if you knew how to read, I was calling you out for basing your opinion and not having watched the movie.

:rofl: It is 25% of Bourne.. Not impressive at all. Set your sights lower.

Sparkle is not in competition with Bourne. It has a 17 million budget compared to what 100 million budget or so? And they have totally different audiences. I compared Sparkle to Hope Springs and how most of you including boxoffice.com will end up making a huge mistake with your predictions. The point is, don't use the "likes" of Bourne when comparing to Sparkle because those "likes" for Bourne include an accumulation from all prior Bourne movies and years of existence. Sparkle's total is just recent for this movie alone. I expect Sparkle to do at least 30+ million opening weekend, which would bring it close to most of people's predicted TOTAL for it. You'll see ;) Edited by wboxoffice

Sparkle is not in competition with Bourne. It has a 17 million budget compared to what 100 million budget or so? The point is, don't use the "likes" of Bourne when comparing to Sparkle because those "likes" for Bourne include an accumulation from all prior Bourne movies and years of existence. Sparkle's total is just recent for this movie alone. I expect Sparkle to do at least 30+ million opening weekend, which would bring it close to most of people's predicted TOTAL for it. You'll see ;)

Alright. I guess we will see next weekend.

Alright. I guess we will see next weekend.

Yeah, next week will actually be huge with Expendables 2, Sparkle and Paranorman. It's gonna be a huge exciting weekend. After that, it's gonna be very quiet. Edited by wboxoffice

No, if you knew how to read, I was calling you out for basing your opinion and not having watched the movie.

Holy loaded insult Batman! Nice way to throw off any kind of logical discussion there. I clearly stated I saw the movie and was merely saying that the younger audience won't relate. So why are you suddenly flinging insults and what exactly are you calling me out on?

If Bourne holds that 18M and The Campaign holds that 10M this is how the weekend could play out.BourneFriday- 18MSaturday- 17.1MSunday- 13.0MTotal- 48.1MThe CampaignFriday- 10MSaturday- 9.7MSunday- 7.7MTotal- 27.4M

Holy loaded insult Batman! Nice way to throw off any kind of logical discussion there. I clearly stated I saw the movie and was merely saying that the younger audience won't relate. So why are you suddenly flinging insults and what exactly are you calling me out on?

This is your 4444th post. I took a screenshot of it

Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted Image

Oh yeah. Missed having the forums on my phone. And now that this crazy Friday work is done. Sitting in one of my favorite sushi bars with a big glass of beer and catching up!

And again great news for Bourne! Was hoping this would have a good OW. Hoping now for some good legs