Jack Nevada

Worst Plot Holes

My favourite movie of all time has one glaring plot hole. When Hooper and Brody are out on the boat at night and Hooper sees the head pop out of the hull of Ben Gardiner's boat, the next day when he and Brody are telling Mayor Vaughn about pulling a tooth the size of a shot glass out of the hull, they never mention that they found Ben Gardiner. This would have been enough to convince Vaughn that there was another shark. The reason it is never mentioned is that Spielberg and Verna Fields, the editor of the film, shot that scene in her pool in post production, 8 months later. Spielberg wanted a scene to make the audience jump and he wasn't happy with how the scene played out initially. The conversation the next day on the beach doesn't even flow smoothly because you keep waiting for them to tell him about Gardiner being dead.

In this thread, people demonstrate they have no idea what a plothole actually is. "Plothole" must be up there with "literally" and "ironic" in its degree of misuse.The only movie I can think of with a legit plot hole is also one of the best films ever made, Citizen Kane. The whole movie is about decoding the meaning of Kane's final word, which apparently nobody was in the room to hear.

It is stated many times that the butler heard Kane utter the words after dropping the snow globe. I agree with your other comments though.

Hanna - She's shown to be horribly intimidated by technology, yet she's able to Google a name as effortlessly as anyoneMen in Black 2 - I highly doubt that giant neuralyzer would totally wipe out any and all memory of the events of the climax as word would have probably gotten out to the entire country at that point. Plus, fellow MIBers could've been affected.

Edited by tribefan695