Jack Nevada

Worst Plot Holes

Minority report - the pre-cogs see the future but then the police prevent it, surely it's not the future then. Also it's because of the precogs that Tom cruises character was even going to commit murder. Had he not seen his name on the ball, he would have carried on living his life and not gone to find out who he was meant to kill, but no, those little precogs just thought they'd fuck him over big time.Signs - this one is my favourite. An advanced alien race with invisible space ships that can travel all the way across the galaxy fail to notice that 3/4 of the earth is covered in water (the substance that kills them). Even if they were dumb enough not to notice this, news reports showed how they were all over the planet, and even on foot in some cases, are we to assume that there was no rain on any of these occasions?? It's a good film but fuck me thats a cop-out of an ending right there.Prometheus - the whole film is one giant plot hole.

Edited by Jessie

Minority report - the pre-cogs see the future but then the police prevent it, surely it's not the future then. Also it's because of the precogs that Tom cruises character was even going to commit murder. Had he not seen his name on the ball, he would have carried on living his life and not gone to find out who he was meant to kill, but no, those little precogs just thought they'd fuck him over big time.Signs - this one is my favourite. An advanced alien race with invisible space ships that can travel all the way across the galaxy fail to notice that 3/4 of the earth is covered in water (the substance that kills them). Even if they were dumb enough not to notice this, news reports showed how they were all over the planet, and even on foot in some cases, are we to assume that there was no rain on any of these occasions?? It's a good film but fuck me thats a cop-out of an ending right there.

Very few movies actually have plot holes. Plot holes are mostly what people call something they just don't like.. Those 2 are perfect examples.
  • Like 2

Wow you are a retard.

Lol your logic on Minority Report is just utterly retarded. The precogs can't read the future because they send cops in to stop something before it happens? That makes a whole lot of sense lmao. As for Signs, I hated that movie, but you can't just assume the Aliens didn't have radar for wheather. They also didn't land anywhere near water which was established in the film.I really do get a kick out of putting shitty posters in their places.

Lol your logic on Minority Report is just utterly retarded. The precogs can't read the future because they send cops in to stop something before it happens? That makes a whole lot of sense lmao. As for Signs, I hated that movie, but you can't just assume the Aliens didn't have radar for wheather. They also didn't land anywhere near water which was established in the film.I really do get a kick out of putting shitty posters in their places.

You get a kick out of insulting posters?? What an interesting life you must have, your parents must be proud. One tip though, if your going to try 'putting shitty posters in their place' I advise you do it properly next time instead of making yourself look like an idiot :) Edited by Jessie

You get a kick out of insulting posters?? What an interesting life you must have, your parents must be proud. One tip though, if your going to try 'putting shitty posters in their place' I advice you do it properly next time instead of making yourself look like an idiot :)

If i was really an idiot you would try and refute what I said but you can't. So you predictably turn to laughable attempts of getting personal because you're bitter you just got verbally sodomized with logic. And lets not forget you were the first one here to get negative. :) Edited by Shpongle

It's not really a plot hole, but it pisses me off regardless. In Hellboy II Liz destroys the crown thereby preventing anyone from controlling the Golden Army. The crown needs three pieces to function, one of which the gang have for pretty much the duration of the movie. Had they just destroyed that one piece of the crown they would have saved lives and everything could have been prevented.

If i was really an idiot you would try and refute what I said but you can't. So you predictably turn to laughable attempts of getting personal because you're bitter you just got verbally sodomized with logic.

No I just tend not to put much effort in whilst responding to idiots such as yourself, but if you insist then I will refute what you said.It's really quite simple in Minority Report, the moment John Andertons name appears on the ball, he goes on the run and tries finding out who he is suppose to kill, however it's these circumstances that make him kill, so had the ball not appeared with his name on it, then he wouldn't have killed anyone anyways. It's a mind Bolger which explains why you must be confused. The precogs see the future, but if the future can be changed then it's not the future. It's very minor but still a flaw.As for your whether radar argument, human beings are able to see which planets are habitable and which aren't, so it's safe to assume that a more intelligent race can do the same, but they don't. Oh and your wrong, the aliens end up landing close to a lake, realise they don't like water, then continue to try invading and finally leave because they have a change of heart and decide to be afraid of the water again.Happy now?

It's really quite simple in Minority Report, the moment John Andertons name appears on the ball, he goes on the run and tries finding out who he is suppose to kill, however it's these circumstances that make him kill, so had the ball not appeared with his name on it, then he wouldn't have killed anyone anyways. It's a mind Bolger which explains why you must be confused. The precogs see the future, but if the future can be changed then it's not the future. It's very minor but still a flaw.

Lol did you just make that up on the spot? I must have missed the part of where this was science fiction movie. Damn, I guess Terminator 2 and all those other movies where the characters changed the future are stupid movies. I guess I can't blame you for pulling shit out of thin air after how things have been going for you in this thread so far.

As for your whether radar argument, human beings are able to see which planets are habitable and which aren't, so it's safe to assume that a more intelligent race can do the same, but they don't. Oh and your wrong, the aliens end up landing close to a lake, realise they don't like water, then continue to try invading and finally leave because they have a change of heart and decide to be afraid of the water again.

Nice hypotheticals. And no, the Aliens didn't land near water, this is specifically said in the film by M. Night's character.

Happy now?

No, you're still at the start line.

In Alice in Wonderland, they have those pastries that make you grow huge. Why not just bake a bunch of 'em, feed 'em to your crew and literally squash Helena Bonham Carter's army?

Because there's only so much of them. That's one of the reasons it took them so long to get Alice to come back.

Lol did you just make that up on the spot? I must have missed the part of where this was science fiction movie. Damn, I guess Terminator 2 and all those other movies where the characters changed the future are stupid movies. I guess I can't blame you for pulling shit out of thin air after how things have been going for you in this thread so far.Nice hypotheticals. And no, the Aliens didn't land near water, this is specifically said in the film by M. Night's character.No, you're still at the start line.

What so science fiction movies can't have plot holes? Ok then, tell that to Ridley Scott and he will love you. Your unable to prove me wrong on that. As for signs, I agree, I'm wrong. They didn't land near the water as I just realised. They hated water but still decided to invade. That can still be classed as a plot hole, however seeing as you've managed to respond to each of my posts within 10 minutes, I'd assume you've spent the last hour and a half constantly refreshing your Internet page. That's a very sad thing to do, but shows me just how much this argument means to you so here you go, you won half an argument, congratulations. People will write stories about your success for years to come. Some people just need to get a life :)