Jack Nevada

Worst Plot Holes

The Dark Knight - The scene where the Joker drops Rachel out of the apartment window and Batman jumps out after her and catches her. What happened next? What was the Joker doing after Batman jumped out the window? Did Batman assume that the Joker would just leave, and the guests would just mingle on home?

• Like 1

The Dark Knight - The scene where the Joker drops Rachel out of the apartment window and Batman jumps out after her and catches her. What happened next? What was the Joker doing after Batman jumped out the window? Did Batman assume that the Joker would just leave, and the guests would just mingle on home?

I am assuming the Joker left since he already broke in. But better from the TDK is Rachel goes to Bruce Penthouse because she thinks it is the safe spot in Gotham but the Joker just broke into the Penthouse earlierIn The Shawshank Redemption when Andy escapes there is a poster covering the whole. How did the poster get there?.

In Star Wars IV, R2D2 and C3PO espace on a space pod and commander let the space pod go because he says there is no sign of life. But in a world of robots why would he let go and not just blow it up?

This kind of thing always happens in movies. It's the same thing as the main characters suriving a massive car chase when in reality the things they are doing would cause them to crash eventually. It's just dumb luck to further the story and keep main characters alive.

In this thread, people demonstrate they have no idea what a plothole actually is. "Plothole" must be up there with "literally" and "ironic" in its degree of misuse.The only movie I can think of with a legit plot hole is also one of the best films ever made, Citizen Kane. The whole movie is about decoding the meaning of Kane's final word, which apparently nobody was in the room to hear.

• Like 2

This kind of thing always happens in movies. It's the same thing as the main characters suriving a massive car chase when in reality the things they are doing would cause them to crash eventually. It's just dumb luck to further the story and keep main characters alive.

Why not have the commander busy because of what is going on the ship so he did not notice them escape. Instead he see escape and just tries to see if there is life on it.

Why not have the commander busy because of what is going on the ship so he did not notice them escape. Instead he see escape and just tries to see if there is life on it.

He was weary of rebels escaping. I don't really think it's a plot hole though. It's convenient that they didn't get shot down but I don't have a problem with it. It was a sequence of events that led to the whole story. If they die, the story we all know and love would never be told. Things like this happens all the time.

Mummy Returns- The mejai apparently number in the ten of thousands and they are all trained warriors but they can't stop a couple hundred workers and paid mercenaries from digging up imohtep.Back to the future part 2- Doc wants take Marty into the future with him to help save his kids. But it doesn't matter cause it hasnt happened yet. so why even waste the time?Green Lantern- apparently the lanterns can create whatever they want? so why couldn't they have just imagined up a bunch of super nukes to destroy parrallax?Red Riding hood- apparently werewolves couldn't go into churches so wouldn't anybody notice that there is this guy in the town who has never ever gone to church for the last decade? And wouldn't they be at least somewhat suspicious of what he really was?Independence Day- Downloading a human computer virus onto alien hardware..... ya.....right

What so science fiction movies can't have plot holes? Ok then, tell that to Ridley Scott and he will love you. Your unable to prove me wrong on that. As for signs, I agree, I'm wrong. They didn't land near the water as I just realised. They hated water but still decided to invade. That can still be classed as a plot hole, however seeing as you've managed to respond to each of my posts within 10 minutes, I'd assume you've spent the last hour and a half constantly refreshing your Internet page. That's a very sad thing to do, but shows me just how much this argument means to you so here you go, you won half an argument, congratulations. People will write stories about your success for years to come.Some people just need to get a life :)

Lol don't flatter yourself because I'm letting you have the last word. You failed miserably.

Back to the Future plot holes:Part 2: When the Biff of 2015 goes back to 1955, he gives himself the sports almanac - thereby changing the future. But then he goes back into the future to where Marty and Doc are trying to get Jennifer out of their future home... When Biff gave the almanac to himself, the future should have changed around Marty and Doc... or at least, Biff shouldn't have been allowed to travel forward into what was now an alternate future.Part 3: When Marty rips the fuel line and leaks all of the gasoline out of the Delorean... why didn't they just go to the version of the Delorean that Doc had arrived in just a couple months before and syphon the gas out of it? And while they were at it, switch out the fuel lines? The 1955 version of Doc could have replaced those parts easily enough...

• Like 1

In The Shawshank Redemption when Andy escapes there is a poster covering the whole. How did the poster get there?

Uhhh... what? That's not a plot hole. That's you not being smart. :lol: (no offense intended, just a kid)The poster was held up at the top with either tacks or pieces of tape. He held the bottom of it up to help cover himself when he was digging for all those years. They even show him holding it up. When he goes into the hole he lifts the poster and it falls neatly back down behind him once he's in the hole since neither the bottom nor the sides were attached to the wall.

Yeah, the Citizen Kane one is a super plot-hole. There is no one to hear him say "Rosebud"!Also, the microwave device to vaporise water in Batman Begins would also vaporise all the people in Gotham as humans are 70% water.

• Like 1

Yeah, the Citizen Kane one is a super plot-hole. There is no one to hear him say "Rosebud"!Also, the microwave device to vaporise water in Batman Begins would also vaporise all the people in Gotham as humans are 70% water.

I always imagined the microwave device vaporizing a sphere of water around the ship, which causes it to plummet to the bottom of the ocean (continuously vaporizing water -at first beneath it and then all around it as it goes down). Then the ship would sit at the bottom of the ocean, in a sphere of steam until the device ran out of power... and then the ocean water would crash in around the ship.Problem of the missing microwave emitter - SOLVED.

The Minority Report plot hole Jesse griped out isn't a plot hole in the least. It's hammered home that Cruise's character was set up and the system manipulated by Max von Sydow's character. Just because the explanation isn't completely spelled out to the most satisfying detail doesn't make it a plot hole.

• Like 1

Regarding Citizen Kane, a maid walks in the room seconds after Kane says "Rosebud" and drops the snow ball, so the implication must be that either there is quite an echo in the house, or Kane said the word loudly enough, or the maid just happened to be close enough to the room to hear it, or some combination of the three. Regardless, it's not a plot hole in my opinion.